pyramid missing at stockport EGCC

I purchased Orbx true earth and the pyramid building is missing at stockport which is on long finals for 23 R . I have been told that I should download an upgrade but on the site there is no clue as to how to download this upgrade and quite honestly the pyramid should not be missing because it has been there a very very long time --- I think it is one of the bank buildings and it is blue --- so what do I do please ?

Kind regards to one and all and stay safe and socially distanced .

Please post a pic of what you are referring to.

What upgrade are you referring to? Orbx TEGB don't come with added or modified airports they are all default XP airports. 

Orbx does do EGCB airport (Barton)available at the Orbx Direct site. Maybe that is what the "upgrade" is referring to as it also includes some city details, but I understand the details are the same as in TEGB Central.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

New member, first post.

First can I say what an incredible job you have done with the Orbx True Earth software. It truly brings unparalleled VFR functionality to the base X Plane experience and is nothing short of remarkable.

With regards the Stockport Pyramid (old Co Operative Bank) I believe the attached images show the building that Paul is referring to.

It is situated approximately 7 miles east of Manchester Airport at Junction 1 of the M60 near Stockport City Centre and is often used by pilots as a prominent landmark and for final approaches to the airport.

This, along with the Stockport Viaduct (the railway bridge seen in the back of image 3) would be most welcome additions to a future update to True Earth, as would the Beyond building (home to the Chill Factor-e indoor ski slope) and Barton Bridge (both situated close to the Trafford Centre and Manchester City Airport, and I hope you can add these in the near future.

I believe these latter structures are available as part of the City Airport and Helipad (Barton) downloads from the Orbx store, but it would also be nice to see them included in the True Earth Central package, along with a more accurate rendition of the Trafford Centre and its iconic dome.

Keep up the great work, and I hope we will be able to see these landmarks in a future update of this truly groundbreaking software.

stockport-pyramid-adjacent-to-the-m60-motorway-stockport-north-west-KKBNWW.jpg

P1-550x500.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Archived