Severe problem - ?missing textures

FlyerMike

Hi guys

After a seemingly easy install of FTX AuBlue I had a scenery cfg error on starting FSX saying that the remote path to FS9 World scenery - Layer 1 was missing! When the sim loads all the normal textures are black in all areas and whether or not FTX mode is active.

I have not found any obvious cause for this and FSX was running fine before - installed on its own F: drive - separate from the boot C: drive.

Hope that you have some ideas otherwise it will be a complete reinstall from scratch!

Thanks

Mike

Hello Mike,

sorry about your troubles. It sounds as if the scenery.cfg file got corrupted somehow. The first lines of the active .cfg file (in XP in \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX) should read:

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Description=FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

Does your scenery.cfg (you can open it in Wordpad) look different? If yes there should be a backup version in the same folder, which you can try instead. If that one works you need to manually add the FTX entries as shown in the FAQ: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1202.0

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger

I have corrected my scenery.cfg to the example you gave (it did have a spurious entry at area001) and I have renumbered the areas by hand to all be consecutive. It looks fine under scenery library anf I have the FTXAU entries but I still have the problem of black textures!

This also happens flying in the UK where I have VFR photoscenery so it seems something is very basically wrong.

Any other suggestions?

Mike

Sorry guys

On rechecking scenery.cfg I found the all important line "Texture_ID=1" was indeed missing!

After correction "Voila!" and I have enjoyed the first part of the mission to find Koorby at the BBQ.

First impressions are great!

Many thanks

Now I can go explore.

Cheers.

Mike

Archived