No response received + Orbx Central Worker failed

Hi all

I've just moved P3Dv4 to a new clean SSD and I want to move Orbx to it too. When I run Orbx Central, I get the 7fb5281948df64cdfb74d7f3fccc5252.png

message. Also, 

232048056f13ddfe32fb50a95c32d536.png

I have the prerequists installed, as I've found in the forum elsewhere, I also have Anti-Virus turned off and running Central in Admin mode.  but no matter what I do, this keeps coming up. 

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

+1 on this

I thought I had it solved uninstalling Orbx Central, deleting Prepar3d.cfg & Shaders files, closing Avast Antivirus, Re running P3D  v4.5 to rebuild Prep3D.cfg & Shaders.

Reinstalling Orbx Central.

Worked ok for a day or so then went back to your situation.

Took out Advanced System  Care as it was ok until I reinstalled ASC.

But it's still as per your messages above, with ASC deleted.

It appears something may be interfering with Orbx Central.

TTM

Further to above post, in researching the issue I found this earlier May'20  post from an Orbx Developer, Josh Koz : "Thanks for providing your log file. Can you check if the C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\saturn-win\OrbxCentralWorker.exe file exists? 

When an requesting an installation occurs, this is the process that performs the install. Your log file indicates that this is missing."

I have checked mine & the .exe mentioned above is missing.

There was also mention that Avast might be blocking Orbx Central.

So I will redo my uninstall/reinstall with Avast neutralized & see what happens.

I thought it was Advanced System Care, but now it looks like it could be Avast.

TTM

Avast is what I have too. I managed to get it working this morning, but found out the Orbx Libraries aren't installed in the Sim. 

Further to this, and this might be a little long winded, When I managed to install it, where do the folders go? (I am putting them on the SSD with my Sim.)

Also, I use LorbySI Addon Organiser, and the folders aren't visible in the app, there fore, they are not active in the Sim. Can I add them with this? Or what should I do to activate them?

13 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Further to above post, in researching the issue I found this earlier May'20  post from an Orbx Developer, Josh Koz : "Thanks for providing your log file. Can you check if the C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\saturn-win\OrbxCentralWorker.exe file exists? 

When an requesting an installation occurs, this is the process that performs the install. Your log file indicates that this is missing."

I have checked mine & the .exe mentioned above is missing.

There was also mention that Avast might be blocking Orbx Central.

So I will redo my uninstall/reinstall with Avast neutralized & see what happens.

I thought it was Advanced System Care, but now it looks like it could be Avast.

TTM

Yes, that's worked a treat. My question now is where the folders go on my Sim (D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4) or a seperate folder which points to the Sim?

29 minutes ago, cyclops365 said:

By jove I've done it. Used Lorby Addon Manager and Packages to manually add each package I had with Orbx by locating to the Addon.xml file. 

Well done.

I would be interested to know if you reactivate Avast, & then go into Orbx Central & do something straight forward, such as 'Verify Files" for one of your Orbx airfields, whether the Verify runs ok, or you get the error messages again.?

If the error messages come back then I think we need to find if there is somewhere in Avast that allows us to unblock Orbx Central, (assuming it is being blocked by Avast)

Also, do you use Advanced System Care?

TTM

I stopped the Avast for an hour whilst I removed and reinstalled the Central into my D: drive. Verified the files of a scenery package which I worked and it went through it without error. 

No I don't use Advanced System Care. 

I have had that same com error thing show up in second half of this past week (and it has NEVER appeared before) and so did both the turning off avast and reinstalling, and low and behold, the error showed up again last night. This support forum has shown several posts on this issue in the last week, seeming to coincide with latest update to Central (latest had been something like xx.17, but my reinstall last night off a link posted in one of the threads in this forum rolled it back to something identifying itself as xx.10, and this burped out the error again).

This shouldn't be a case of our trying this and trying that; life is too short and watching that MS2020 IFR update over and over again is taking up too much of my time. Central got broken and now needs to be fixed.

4 minutes ago, hypercide said:

I have had that same com error thing show up in second half of this past week (and it has NEVER appeared before) and so did both the turning off avast and reinstalling, and low and behold, the error showed up again last night. This support forum has shown several posts on this issue in the last week, seeming to coincide with latest update to Central (latest had been something like xx.17, but my reinstall last night off a link posted in one of the threads in this forum rolled it back to something identifying itself as xx.10, and this burped out the error again).

This shouldn't be a case of our trying this and trying that; life is too short and watching that MS2020 IFR update over and over again is taking up too much of my time. Central got broken and now needs to be fixed.

Have a look at your Avast & posts above

TTM

Archived