Haze in True Earth -- refunds available?

I have checked out several demos on YouTube, from a variety of authors,  of differing True Earth offerings, from Europe, Florida, to Washington State, etc, for possible purchase to use in X-Plane 11.  I notice a distinctive "haze" in many of those videos no matter the author. This lack of clear scenery is concerning as to reliability of the product.  Thus, I am hesitate to make a purchase for fear of being disappointed in the actual scenery.  Is there a product satisfaction/refund policy?  I have downloaded the freeware L52 Oceano and Enov Orsta airports but not convinced as yet. Would appreciate comments from experienced users.  Thank you, in advance, for your time and assistance.

Have you not seen the screenshots of late from TE-SCA , the scenery is crystal clear sharp . One trick with

XP11 is to set your visibility to 100 miles . 

Cheers

John

29 minutes ago, BradB said:

Have you not seen the screenshots of late from TE-SCA , the scenery is crystal clear sharp . One trick with

XP11 is to set your visibility to 100 miles . 

Cheers

John

No, I have not.  I can easily change visibility to 100 miles.  I will check out the TE-SCA.  I tend to fly light GA aircraft at low altitudes, so clarity of scenery is very important to me.  THANKS.

8 minutes ago, CattledudeTX said:

No, I have not.  I can easily change visibility to 100 miles.  I will check out the TE-SCA.  I tend to fly light GA aircraft at low altitudes, so clarity of scenery is very important to me.  THANKS.

Have a look at the following video (unfortunately the author tends to be very "wordy") but the advice is sound.  Key points are at about 3.40 mins and 10.0 minutes

The data ref editor will allow you to see the improvement. The DRE has to be set each time you start the sim. If you want a permanent solution, there is a free product called Fly With Lua

which is easy to use and allows you to put this change into a little script file which will start with XPlane automatically and change the fog value to whatever value you find is to your liking.

Here is another (short this time)  video to show you how to do it. Please don't hesitate to ask again here if you need help. There are lots of folks who all started where you are and will be glad to assist :)

This final video is a bit more involved on .lua scripts and will give you all the detail info you need on Fly With Lua

Cheers and pleased that you are part of the "Orbx crowd"

Pete

6 minutes ago, Donka said:

There is a TE GB South demo area you can download and play around with in XP11. Worth checking out. 

Yes, I found that one and am following your suggestion.   Thanks.  I haven't seen haze in that one, so it has been confusing that I found it in so many videos.

2 hours ago, renault said:

Have a look at the following video (unfortunately the author tends to be very "wordy") but the advice is sound.  Key points are at about 3.40 mins and 10.0 minutes

The data ref editor will allow you to see the improvement. The DRE has to be set each time you start the sim. If you want a permanent solution, there is a free product called Fly With Lua

which is easy to use and allows you to put this change into a little script file which will start with XPlane automatically and change the fog value to whatever value you find is to your liking.

Here is another (short this time)  video to show you how to do it. Please don't hesitate to ask again here if you need help. There are lots of folks who all started where you are and will be glad to assist :)

This final video is a bit more involved on .lua scripts and will give you all the detail info you need on Fly With Lua

Cheers and pleased that you are part of the "Orbx crowd"

Pete

These videos have been very helpful.  I have installed them and will begin using them in my next flights.  I appreciate these very much. 

1 hour ago, CattledudeTX said:

I have installed them and will begin using them in my next flights. 

Hi, and welcome. When I first started with XP a couple of years back I was horrified by the fuzziness, as I saw it. I also went through the same process of using the data ref editor and then getting in to the LUA scripts. It's a bit daunting at first but stick with it - it's worth it. For me now, flying low and slow around the likes of TE Florida or indeed any of the TE products is as good as it gets.You'll usually find plenty of help here, too.

1 minute ago, andy1252 said:

Hi, and welcome. When I first started with XP a couple of years back I was horrified by the fuzziness, as I saw it. I also went through the same process of using the data ref editor and then getting in to the LUA scripts. It's a bit daunting at first but stick with it - it's worth it. For me now, flying low and slow around the likes of TE Florida or indeed any of the TE products is as good as it gets.You'll usually find plenty of help here, too.

Thank you, Andy for the welcome.  I prefer the low and slow flying with excellent scenery.  I cannot travel, so X-Plane is my eyes to the world that I am not able to visit, so the better the scenery and detail, the more I can enjoy them.

Archived