Can't install from manual download

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  XP 11

I have Central and I have downloaded Orbx TE GB products before so I can simply install from that rather than have Central download everything everytime as my internet connection isn't really the best.  However, I noticed now that there is no option to install from my downloaded files?  At least not for the TE stuff, the airports still seem to have this option.  Thanks!

Is there any other way to install/reinstall/backup these files to avoid or minimise having to download everything from scratch each time?  I'm scheduled for a PC wipe in a couple of months and will have to reinstall all my stuff on a clean install so anything to reduce this timesink would be great.

Hi

Just to clarify....the backups that were created using FTX Central 3 are not compatible with the new Orbx Central.

The new Orbx Central has a backup feature that can be found at settings\downloader.

The Orbx Central user guide can also be found at settings\help\user guide.

Yes, I was using new ones as the FTX downloads were not compatible once I used Central.  I last did this maybe a month or two ago, just before XP Vulkan became available.

Can you direct me where in the user guide you are referring to?  The guide mentions the ability to still install from a manually downloaded .zip file but there is no "advanced install underneath the install button" so that doesn't work.  I also have automatic backup ticked and my backup scenery folder is set to unlimited size but as far as I can tell, Central downloaded everything from scratch as I re-installed GB TE South.  Aside from that, I find nothing else in the guide for my situation.

Is there a workaround for now? 

Is there a way to petition that this option gets reinstated?  It doesn't even have to be up-to-date, if I can install 80-90% of a TE and just have it update itself to get the newest files, that would save a lot of time and bandwidth.

Archived