v5 and Slowed Runways

elmucki

Hello,

in point of fact, P3D v5 does not "support" sloping runways, except in as much as AI aircraft can now use them.

This is something that can be achieved in P3D v4 as well, with the necessary addon.

This means that as has been the case since 2006, if a developer wants to have a sloping runway, he must build

a model in FSX or P3D, so any airport would have to be completely rebuilt from the ground up.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope developers will start embracing this possibility, there are already ample candidates within the present Orbx product range: Ålesund, Bristol, Burbank, Dubrovnik, Pula, to name a few.

With v5's update to the default airport library, there is less of a need to purchase add-on scenery for an airport that doesn't exist in the sim. I've migrated what I can for free from v4, as airports are updated, but I'm wondering whether or not I should be spending any more money on airports if their aeronautical components are up to date in v5 (plus fsaerodata).

Cars in a car park may be pleasant eye candy, but have little bearing on my flying. Orbx mesh, landclass and vectors are great, but it's a little sad arriving at a flat airport on top of all of that. A sloped runway/manoeuvring area, on the other hand, with its effects on aircraft performance, would certainly have me whipping out the credit card in no time.

Are there any developments in the pipeline with sloped runways?

Archived