Uninstall to Save Space

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Win 10

Simulator:  P3d V4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  I want to uninstall many Orbx products from 4.5 to save HD space. Does using Central to uninstall only remove the product from the sim?  How do I remove it entirely so that I can save the space. In addition, I find that trying to uninstall larger products such as North and South Island, Australia v2 end in error messages of a timeout.

I recently (ie the other day) migrated most of my little used scenery to another disc.  I have a D: drive which is a hard disc, made a library on there and went through and migrated all the scenery I do not use too often.  I left the scenery I use often on my C: (SSD).  8TB 7200 HDDs are about $250AUD so there isnt any need to uninstall really.

My plan is to use v5 as my primary sim and 4.5 for only certain areas in the northwestern US and Canada as well as RTMM.  I really don't need Australia, Europe. etc in 4.5, so why not save space.

Archived