Orbx X-Plane Install

6 hours ago, tigermothpilot said:

This is probably a dumb question. I have had to uninstall X-Plane 11, and am about to reinstall. Do I need to install the world sceneries if I own Orbx True Earth for those areas? I hope I've put my question clearly!

Yes it is highly recommended as there will be instances where you are flying where True Earth boundaries meet where default scenery should be. You will get an annoying warning message about the scenery being all water etc. 

I don't know where you fly most as you say " I own Orbx True Earth for those areas" but don't state which areas. I assume all the US one's but also TEGB?

If you are limiting your flying to the Regions of the world like US and UK then select to install only North America and Europe. No need to install Asia Oceana, Africa etc.

The whole of Global Scenery worldwide is 49.6GB and XP as you know allows you to install partial areas of the world. Just choose what suits you best or as I do just install the lot if 50Gb of space used is not that important.

5 minutes ago, tigermothpilot said:

Sorry Jon,

Yes, I'd fly in Australia if there were more, :D but I own TE GB and all the True Earth USA ones. I am downloading the appropriate sceneries. 

Thanks again, from the John Clarke who has an "h"!

My parents couldn't afford the extra letter on the birth certificate so they settled the minus "h" option:lol:

Archived