Prepar3D v5 and Orbx Central

Peter Coveney

I have a lot of Orbx products which I have purchased for Prepar3d v4.5.  I recently purchased Prepar3D v5 and went through the long process of selecting my purchases and installing them using Orbx Central into My Library rather than the sim itself.

I selected my external drive E and named the library OrbxGlobal.

Each installation appeared to be installing in this location OK.

On starting Prepar3D v5 I am not sure if I am seeing Orbx scenery or default. Can Orbx advise if my photos are showing the v5 version of KSAN? Does the screen capture of the Prepar3D v5 Scenery Library look normal? 

I have included a shot of the Library location on my PC if it helps.  Can provide more info if required. Thanks in advance

Peter

ORBX Problem.JPG

Outside View.JPG

My library.JPG

Hello Peter,

assuming that you have no other developers' addons, I see that you could have used the

Orbx Central Insertion Point tool and set the Airports and regions to the top of the scenery library.

Aside from that, the airport does not look to be default.

You will not see Trees HD with "Dynamic 3D autogen vegetation" ticked in your P3D settings.

I cannot say I have heard of the Orbx Central Insertion Insertion Tool or have any idea how to use it Nick. What is my best course of action to get Orbx working?  Should I delete all my Orbx stuff and reinstall straight to the sim?  It took a couple of days (and leaving my computer turned on overnight) to get to this point but its no use to me if it is not going to show up in the sim.

Again any help certainly appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

Hello,

you probably don't even need it.

Please read the Orbx Central User Guide and then at least you will be familiar with the terminology.

Disable the Dynamic 3D autogen and I would expect you to be seeing the Orbx products.

I cannot say I have heard of the Orbx Central Insertion Insertion Tool or have any idea how to use it Nick. What is my best course of action to get Orbx working?  Should I delete all my Orbx stuff and reinstall straight to the sim?  It took a couple of days (and leaving my computer turned on overnight) to get to this point but its no use to me if it is not going to show up in the sim.

Again any help certainly appreciated.

OK 3D Autogen deleted.

Here is a screenshot following a restart:  (I think Orbx is still absent).  Is there anything in Orbx Central designed to fix this?  

Cheers

Peter

3Dautogen unselecetd.JPG

1 hour ago, Peter Coveney said:

I cannot say I have heard of the Orbx Central Insertion Insertion Tool or have any idea how to use it Nick.

Hello Peter, welcome to the forums.

A couple of pics to help you = Orbx Central - Gear Icon - Settings - Insertion Points and where to set them

Insertion Point Sett.jpg

Insertion points.jpg

Archived