A little confused after re-install....!?

Hello Team,

I have for some reason two "Orbx" folders that both have an "Orbx Library" and "p3dv4" folders in them?  The "p3dv4" folder contains both the "Orbx ObjectFlow" and "SODE SimObject Display Engine" folders....

The two "Orbx" paths are found here..

C:/Users/Tim/Orbx Library/p3dv4/"Orbx ObjectFlow" and "SODE SimObject Display Engine".

P3Dv4 (E:)/Orbx/"Orbx ObjectFlow" and "SODE SimObject Display Engine".   -This is my main P3Dv4.5 drive.

Why would I have two set ups for? Can i delete one and which one would be best to delete?

Cheers,

Tim.

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

On 5/27/2020 at 6:06 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the first one is apparently the default one, set up by Orbx Central.

If there is nothing in there, please delete it.

You will need to delete it from Orbx Central before you do anything to the files.

The thing is i do have stuff in those files?! 

So what do I do to fix this please? The E: drive one has both Orbx ObjectFlow and TrueEarth Great Britain Libraries in there. The C: drive one has the Orbx ObjectFlow and SODE SimObject Display Engine in there.

So the E: drive one is missing the SODE SimObject Display Engine and the C: drive one is missing TrueEarth Great Britain Libraries. 

When i go to my Orbx Central and look at Libraries it tells me that the C:drive is my "Main Library" so when I click on "Scan for Libraries" I get "Libraries found" E:Orbx products found 2. There is no option to delete them...only "Add Library"?

Very confused?

Hello,

the large red icon marked Delete is how to delete a library that you do not want.

The User Guide will tell you what else you should do.

Orbx Central is telling you that it has founds a second library and asking you if

you want to add it to Orbx Central.

If you want to, click on Add Library.

That is exactly what my plight is!? 

I don't know what to do!?

If both Libraries had the same contents...of coarse I would delete one!?  But they do not!!! 

So if I click on "Add Library" will it move that Library from the E: Drive to the Main Library on the C: drive?

No, you will have two Libraries, as one might expect, having one and then adding another.

If you prefer to have only one, uninstall the products that you put into "Main Library" and install

them into the new Library that you will have after you click on Add LIbrary.

It shouldn't take long, as it looks like there is only 12.MB in there.

Once your "Main Library" is empty, you can click on the red Delete tab and remove it.

Hello,

I have asked and asked for this to be changed but with no result.

The easy workaround is to rename your E:\Orbx folder to E:\Orbxx.

Then create a new and therefore empty E:\Orbx folder, open Orbx

Central and click on Add Library again.

Once the library has been added, close Orbx Central and delete the

E:\Orbx folder.

Rename E:\Orbxx to E:\Orbx

Okay one more try at your instructions.....

"The easy workaround is to rename your E:\Orbx folder to E:\Orbxx".  Done!

"Then create a new and therefore empty E:\Orbx folder"  Done!

"open Orbx Central and click on Add Library again."  Well guess what. I do not get this option "Add Library" in Orbx Central!?

"Once the library has been added, close Orbx Central and delete the E:\Orbx folder" Rename E:\Orbxx to E:\Orbx"   This makes no sense tome what so ever? Are you not just undoing what was just done and thus back to square one?

I do not even want the library to be in the E: drive I have no idea how it got there in the first place?  

Archived