Third attempt to use central and Orbx airports in P3Dv5

Hi,

Today i tried to use Orbx Central and all the Orbx sceneries in P3Dv5 and after several failures and backup restores.... again i run into problems.

This time it is Sode.

I have P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5 on the same HD and i let Central recognize P3Dv5, Central told me to install the libraries and gave the opportunity to instal SODE wich i did, no other scenery's kopied or installed into P3Dv5 yet.

When i startup P3Dv5 i get several messages that there "are multiple files using the same filename".

Every time i startup P3Dv5 i get these messages.

What can i do, hope to hear the solution to solve it.

Thanks in advance, kind regards,

Ben

I had the similar messages.  They referenced an MK-Studios airport.  After various tests and conversations, it seems there is a conflict between V 4.5 and v5 for that airport's SODE files. I solved it by removing the airport from 4.5 since I have it in v5.  The only other fix is for the developer to rename certain files, which hasn't happened as far a I know.

Hi Nick,

As Doc_Z stated (thanks) and i meanwhile found out it is a Sode problem. I have 17 scenery's wich are reporting double sode entry files out of P3Dv4.5 wich infect the startup sequence of Sode in P3DV5 and this while i even not have installed any scenery yet.

It started when I let Orbx Central recognize my newly installed P3Dv5 and thereafter installed only SODE out of Central into P3Dv5.

I will do some more investigation.

Regards,

Ben

Archived