The folder Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles has gone missing from my TE_GB_South installation; the entry in the scenery_packs.ini has also been erased, but the symlink in Custom Scenery has not..  Is this as a result of the latest update? The release notes do not mention it.  

8 hours ago, mauricecohen said:

The folder Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles has gone missing from my TE_GB_South installation; the entry in the scenery_packs.ini has also been erased, but the symlink in Custom Scenery has not..  Is this as a result of the latest update? The release notes do not mention it.  

You will find that there is a new folder in the update that is called Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports.Inside there is a folder called Misc and inside that are the files for Needles. I don't believe it enters the .ini as a folder like the other 3 TEGB South files. If you open your Custom Scenery folder and look for your  updated TEGB South folders you should see that new folder. 

Capture4.thumb.JPG.a20255ebcd60d0fffd5871c8f091e426.JPG

Just now, Tony Wroblewski said:

Yes, Needles has been moved to Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports, along with some other lighthouses and London City heliport

Does this new file enter in the scenery_packs.ini Tony?

7 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Yes, Orbx Central should treat is an airport and install it correctly. If not for whatever reason, it should be highest priority

Yes, it did install it correctly, I just did not notice the new symlink and the new ini line.  The only thing it did not do that it should have is remove the symlink to Needles, but as I remarked above, that causes no harm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I too cannot see The Needles and its lighthouse/ landing platform.

I have tried uninstalling TEGB south and then re-installing.

I have checked through as outlined above and all the folders and links appear to be present and with the correct symlinks but The Needles still appear as a patch of grass like structure at sea level. I have moved SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports/ in the scenery_packs.ini to be immediately under all the other Orbx airports, no change.

I am sure I have missed something simple but just can't see it at the moment.

Any advice please.

Have attached scenery_packs.ini

Thanks Alan

scenery_packs.ini

I have made some changes to your scenery_packs. You appear to have 2 folders called TEGB North/orthos, one of which was located above Global Airports. I have removed one entry but you will need to check your Custom Scenery folder for a duplicate folder and remove it otherwise it will keep appearing in the scenery_pack.

I have moved the TEGB South airports folder to the very top as indicated by Tony who said it should have top priority:

"Yes, Orbx Central should treat is an airport and install it correctly. If not for whatever reason, it should be highest priority"

scenery_packs.ini

Hi Jon

For various reasons I didn't get round to checking last week as I said I would.

Which of the TEGB North orthos was causing the problem was not obvious. I deleted one but then that lead to other problems so I un-installed TEGB North and deleted any remaining references. I then re-installed it.

I then replaced my existing scenery.ini with the one you supplied. I ran X-Plane to the point of starting a new flight then closed it. I compared the scenery.ini file then in X-Plane with your suggested one and they are identical.

Tried a flight from Southampton over the Isle of Wight and turned westward. No Needles, just green shadows in the water.

Have looked in the folder Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Airports\Objects\Misc and there are two files there:-

Eng_POI_RB_Needles_lighthouse.obj 

ENG_RB_Needles.dds     (There is a good representation of The Needles in this file).

Am I still doing something wrong or could I have some setting somewhere inhibiting these two files?

Sorry to be a pest but any advice would be gratefully received, especially as, if I stood on my roof I could probably see The Needles in Real Life

Thanks

Alan

PS The version of TE GB South I have installed is v1.2.0

Hello again

Thank you for making the original copy of EGLH available.

I unzipped directly into the Custom Scenery folder as you said and tried the flight from Southampton again.

Sad to say, still no Needles.

Had a horrid thought, what if my graphic setting were too low, having lowered them in the past in an effort to improve frame rates.

I went into settings as i passed the green blobs of The Needles and moved the slider for Number of World Objects to High. When the flight came back to life, lo and behold there were The Needles.

I feel I have wasted your time and sincerely apologise.

Thank you again for all your time and interest.

Best Regards

Alan Hughes aka OldBassTrom

Out of curiosity, I opened Needles in WED and saw that the lighthouse object is set to show only on "6 Totally Insane" graphics setting, which clearly corresponds to High in the XP UI.

Capture.thumb.JPG.cfc6891c1f62453f93a4f0e55eca5c5c.JPG

Changing that to "Default" should make it visible on lower settings in the XP Graphics UI

Hi Maurice

That's very intriguing.  I have always been a bit wary of getting into WED, suppose if I make copies of anything I may change i should be OK.

Will look at this when I feel brave.

Thanks

Alan

I actually also checked the TE GB South Airports in WED, which has Needles and 4 other heliports. As expected, Needles is set to show at "Totally insane," but the others are set to show at "Default."

If Jon OKs it, I can post a modified file here for you (either the stand-alone Needles or the combined South airports) with Needles set at Default. 

8 hours ago, mauricecohen said:

I actually also checked the TE GB South Airports in WED, which has Needles and 4 other heliports. As expected, Needles is set to show at "Totally insane," but the others are set to show at "Default."

If Jon OKs it, I can post a modified file here for you (either the stand-alone Needles or the combined South airports) with Needles set at Default. 

Please see a PM to you. Thanks

8 hours ago, Oldbasstrom said:

Have I put the cat amongst the pigeons or highlighted what may be a problem for others?

No not really as most users will tend to follow the recommended World Objects setting of High when in a TE addon.

I will publish shortly the fix made by our colleague @mauricecohen for Needles which will allow the helipad etc to be visible and working at a lower than High World Objects setting. I just need to check with @Tony Wroblewski if I can publish it, Tony, please read Maurice's post:

21 hours ago, mauricecohen said:

Not sure if this problem I got is related to this airport:

ERR CheckFolderPath: folder/symlink invalid D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles | Error: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: 
    Could not find a part of the path 'D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles'.   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode,
     String maybeFullPath)   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(St
    ring path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkH
    ost)   at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path, String searchPattern)   at xOrganizer.ScanScenery.CheckFolderPath(String Folde
    r)

Archived