LIbrary Confusion

I have P3d 4.5 and 5 installed on my F drive.  I have earlier used a symbolic link to placed an Orbx folder on my G drive.  After installing v5, I created an Orbx Library on the G drive that has two folders, one for v4 and one for v5.  Do I need a symbolic link from the v5 root folder on the F drive to the G drive?  I had thought not, but it would be far from the first time I was wrong.

That's what I was afraid of!  It appears that none of my V5 products is working.   They are all enabled in the drop-down list in v5 options.  Should there be anything in the add-ons dropdown?  There isn't.  There is also no mention of Orbx in my v5 add-ons folder in Documents.

Hello,

there are two in-game add-on drop down items.

One is in the list accessed by clicking on Options.

That contains a list of your add-on scenery, software and aircraft.

The other is at the right hand end of the drop down menu and will

contain add-on software that is at work, such as SODE or Accufeel

of FSUIPC.

Orbx does not use the Documents folder any more, so no surprise there.

Hello,

it has already been mentioned that LM have changed some building definitions, so that some, or possibly many

existing airports that reference the same default buildings that are no longer there will have missing buildings.

Here is the release announcement for the first set of fixes.

Here are two screenshots of basically the same view in 4.5 and 5.  Tried KIDA, one on Holger's list.  No buildings, although there was a radar tower and a shack.

Screenshot 2020-05-17 15.55.32.png

Screenshot 2020-05-17 15.16.55.png

Looking more like I need to reinstall.  All my products are in the V5 part of Central.  I don't think just uninstalling there and reinstalling will work, so I think I should delete the folders on my G drive and set up new ones.

As far as I know when I set up v5, I didn't put anything into the v5 folder.  Everything was supposed to go into an Orbx Central Library. No idea were Vector came from.  Should I uninstall the products in the v5 folder and reinstall them to a Library?  Just delete Vector? 

Archived