Orbx LOWI powerline problem and refund part 2

Hi - sorry to make a new post about my issue but the last one was marked resolved, but i just wanted to say a couple more things on this because i'm not understanding what you are saying. Appreciate your time looking into this for me. 

Richard -  you said in your last post: 

"Hi Oliver,

I have discussed this Topic with the Developer, this is an issue with XP11 and the Default Power-line Rendering Tech. This is not an issue with the product itself that Orbx has released, I will as I have through the Ticket Portal, deny your Refund Request. From what I read, you are not overly enthusiastic in regards to our Refund Policy, I appreciate your view on this, however, we will not be changing our Refund Policy. We Issue Refunds on a case by case basis.

Please see our Refund Policy here  https://orbxdirect.com/refunds

Just a couple of points on this why what you have said does entitle me to a refund: 

1. On your refunds policy it says that under Australian Consumer Law "You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure". So I am saying LOWI does not meet acceptable quality. 

2. Richard - you say "this is an issue with XP11 and the Default Power-line Rendering Tech" its the default part that I want to bring to your attention here. Are you saying that the definition of your products working OK includes not properly integrating with the Default game? I can understand you can't be responsible for all the various third party plugins, but I cannot believe that you would say your definition of a working product includes products that don't integrate with the default game properly. After all, the products are designed to integrate with the default game, and i would imagine that must be part of the definition of 'a working product'. 

Please could you consider this again, i still think I meet your criteria for refund.  

Also - regarding your comment about me not being overly enthusiastic about the refund policy - if it was you I doubt you'd be jumping for joy either!

thanks

Oliver

Have you tried the fixes offered in this thread? I'm not here to dispute your refund, just trying to offer a fix and help

There are actually two separate issues here that clash:

1) Default X-Plane has an odd banding effect in the sky.

2) The data for power-lines is buggy. It effects both the default scenery and LOWI

There is a solution to both problems offered in this thread and it seems most users say it works. I don't have the first problem, but I do see the buggy power lines in both LOWI and default X-Plane and I can understand why as it's a problem in the base datasource.

• 2 months later...

A a small change with the text editor in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_LOWI_Overlay\objects\road.net solved the problem for me:

I changed in line 5

LOCKED_POWERLINES

to

#LOCKED_POWERLINES

With that everything looks fine now.

3 hours ago, chb said:

A a small change with the text editor in the file C:\Program Files (x86)\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_LOWI_Overlay\objects\road.net solved the problem for me:

I changed in line 5

LOCKED_POWERLINES

to

#LOCKED_POWERLINES

With that everything looks fine now.

Many thanks for that info.

@Jarrad Marshall can we post this as a potential temporary fix for those users who have the powerlines problem?

Not all users see this issue as you mentioned a long while ago when you researched the problem when it was first mentioned.

Archived