XPlane 11 True Earth Florida HD vs SD

orbmis

Hello,

Earlier today, I purchased your True Earth Florida scenery. Trying to be proactive, I've ordered the HD version of the scenery, which I have read gives me access to both the HD & SD versions of the scenery. In the near future, I anticipate moving to a newer computer system, which will provide add'l power/system resources to address the HD version. 

However, at this time, I would like to install the SD version, as I don't think my current system will be enough to handle running the HD scenery. When I go the My Products in the Orbx Central app, I only see the US Florida HD entry. Could you provide assistance as to how I would go about downloading & installing the SD version of the Florida scenery.

Thanks for your assistance.

Michael Simbro

Hello,

Thanks for the reply....

When I'm at the Orbx Direct site, I see the Florida HD, which is what I purchased. That part seems fine, but I dont want to install the HD version, but rather the SD version. But I dont see the SD version in the list found under My Products in the Orbx site.

Thanks again,

Mike

4 hours ago, orbmis said:

Hello,

Thanks for the reply....

When I'm at the Orbx Direct site, I see the Florida HD, which is what I purchased. That part seems fine, but I dont want to install the HD version, but rather the SD version. But I dont see the SD version in the list found under My Products in the Orbx site.

Thanks again,

Mike

Does it not show up as in My Products when you open up Orbx Central like in my pic. I have the SD version installed but it shows the HD version as owned in My Products?

Capture.thumb.JPG.2d05a498ddc78b2b7089ab513a3eb36d.JPG

Hello Everyone,,

This issue has been resolved. The key to it is that, after purchasing the HD version of Florida, I needed to go back into the store and purchase the SD version, which then contains a price of $0.00 (FREE). Once I purchased the SD version at no cost, I then returned to the My Products page, and both the HD & SD versions appeared. All set,, perfect.

A note of thanks for Sentry11, who tossed out a  mention of $0.00, which helped get me there.

Thanks again to everyone, 

Mike

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2020 at 1:17 PM, orbmis said:

Hello Everyone,,

This issue has been resolved. The key to it is that, after purchasing the HD version of Florida, I needed to go back into the store and purchase the SD version, which then contains a price of $0.00 (FREE). Once I purchased the SD version at no cost, I then returned to the My Products page, and both the HD & SD versions appeared. All set,, perfect.

A note of thanks for Sentry11, who tossed out a  mention of $0.00, which helped get me there.

Thanks again to everyone, 

Mike

How do you like the SD version?  Is it pretty good or feel the need to have the HD?  What are the specs on your machine and how does it perform?  I would like to purchase but thinking about the SD version but can't find great reviews.  Let me know please.  Thanks.

Archived