V5 Crashes At Same Location! Read On!

Hello,

Been talking on the prepar3d regards my sim crashing and thought I post here to see if anyone else is having the same error with/using Orbx scenery. From the image below, everytime I had around to that location my sim stops and "Not responding" and then have to close it down. I have done everything that I can think of and so far it still crashes.

y2ciT2u.png

So anyone what to fly around that location and see if it also crashes for you???????   

Just to see if it's just my end or not. Then to see if it's Orbx or not Orbx.

Hi,

I made a similar finding.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=137852&start=15

My case is close to EGSG Stapleford and it's reproducible. In my case, it doesn't seem to be Orbx-related as it's still present even if I deactivate all Orbx entries in the library. In my case the simulator stalls and CTD's after some time. The Windows log entry is in the thread.

Kind regards, Michael

@pmb Well, for me under event viewer  no information comes up to why it's doing what's been doing. And so that makes it hard. Not to menion I thought P3D has crash logs? but seems not. Not like fsx.

It's making my brain explode, trying to do this 40mins flight , been doing it over 6 times now and crashed. I like to know if it's just me or other also, and if others are getting it then THANK GoD LOL

Hello,

I have fully removed the CFG file and rebuild the file again. And also Orbx had a update patch for Afica and the new HD trees pack. Reload the sim and fly to the location that I keep on crashing. Flying around and seems to be no crashes. Spawn in the 737 and no crashes. I then teleported to where I keep on crash and nothing. Fingers crossed so far then. 

Is it safe to say to add "FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33" As I don't want to be flying for hours or whatnot and see it blurry and or taken time to load. Want to see the sceny as good and sharp. And so seems to be my end. But no answers to what made it to crash.

Meaning:

1.Bad Config in the CFG

2.Orbx brocken it in the first place and yet it had a update! that may have fixed it?

3.Needs feeding ice-cream. 

6 hours ago, pmb said:

I'll try to reproduce your case tonight.

Gentlemen,

I have experienced the same CTD approaching EGSG twice, a short flight from EGLG direct to EGSG, both happened at 5nm before EGSG with P3Dv5 and TE GB south.

I unchecked TE GB south in the scenery library and repeated the flight with P3Dv5 default, no CTD. I then rechecked the TE GB South scenery in the library and repeated the flight successfully without a CTD.

I then ran a Verify on TE GB South = all good, no additional download, so something misbehaves somewhere >:(

What I have noticed is the incorrect map that shows on the MFD with TE GB, far too much water, compared to Landclass and default scenery.

Pics at EGLG setup for the Direct to EGSG, with TE GB and then default scenery.

EGLG TE GB South.jpg

EGLG P3Dv5 default.jpg

There are allot of bugs that needs fixing, We are aware that Orbx are working an updating but V5 is still unstable it seems. Waiting on LM with another hotfix patch. 

Just remove CFG and rebuild a new one, that tends to work each time. Give that a super dude try :P 

Good day 

i want to share my problem with you

my first flight with P5D was EDDF EGLL, arrival north egll runway 09L in use.

P5D crash between fl070-080 above EGSG

So I tried to reset cfg, at gate at egll airport with default plane or pmdg I start to raise my setting one by one and go to external view and pan around, the result was no crash until I raise  autogen and scenery draw  distance above high, p5d hang and crash without error code in windows.

i uncheck ftx England p5D crash too, the only thing I haven’t try is uncheck LC 

will do later 

Archived