Freezing of Orbx Central when downloading/Installing

During my 3 attempts (eventually successful) to instal the HD version there was at least 2 times when the Central message was out of sync with what was actually happening, eg suggesting that there were thousands of jpgs to convert when in reality they'd all been converted and just needed deleting. So it might look like its stuck but its just possible its still doing something behind the scenes (or it could be well and truly stuck!)

By the way, it's fabululous once it's installed - great fps with the latest beta

@Kenneth King ok i had this as well pause the download.  then go to task manager and force close Orbx.  Then restart and unpause it.  If it still does not work pause again then co to windows icon then search %temp% hit enter.  In temp look for Orbx folder and delete that folder.  Restart Orbx central and it should complete the install after 5 attempts i tried this and it finally installed straight away.

Central 4.1.9 is not the answer. Made it almost thru the installation before PC crashed out.

(and I am running a high-end rig).

I7-8086K

64 GB ram

1.5 SSD

I lowered processor usage to medium.

John,

Thank for the information. You're always here to help and you are much appreciated.

Dear Orbx,

As sophisticated as your scenery is can you know design a fool proof installation method - and I though Microsoft had issues. I want to know just one thing. I have GIG SPEED service, more terabytes of storage capacity than I will ever use, an I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, 32GB 4133 T-Force Extreme RAM, and a 11GB RTX-2080 Ti EVGA KING PING GPU that never even breaths hard all on a Aorus Master Z390 MB. If all is working as designed, how long should it take to Install X-Plane TE US SoCAL  (Storage Capacity is not SSD but SATA6 HDD)? 

I love Orbx scenery BUT Every time I buy a piece of Orbx I kick myself for all the hell I have to go through to install it. It would not be so bad if I could Enable and Disable Orbx via menu. This way I could go about the business of flying while the installation does its thing in the background. I could check the status and when it is done, shut down X-Plane, enable Orbx via menu check box and be on my way. Is that too much to ask?

1 hour ago, mrscotte said:

7 hours later I get this screen. Running the Verify Files and will post result when complete.

:banghead:

Error So Cal Install 1.png

Error So Cal Install 2.png

Please post these to the Orbx Central support forum as outlined in this pinned topic. 

Add your Orbx Central log from Orbx Central/settings/help

I cannot assist in this forum as indicated in the instructions as to what to do in my opening post in this link/topic

Archived