Xp11 keeps hanging

RP116

Given all the positive reviews adn comments online, I decided to skip the freeware and just buy a bunch of stuff yesterday  5eb6d5a78ca86

after installing it all overnight on Orbx central, it said everything was installed. I loaded xp11, and after choosing new flight and airports within the areas (northern, southern cal, and washington), the game kept hanging. Only once did it load, and it was to some municipal san francisco airport..at that point when I flew, i saw none of the scenery loaded (despite orb central saying it was loaded). 

I checked the scenery packs ini and saw that Orbx is correctly listed in there,...i rebooted my computer a few times and tried different airports and plane combos and still it kept hanging.

long story short, its only been a day and I prefer to not go through the process of technical troubleshooting and would just like a refund thank you.

Hi, welcome to the forums

Some troubleshooting will be required before any refund process can take place, as there is usually nothing wrong with the product.

Please attach a copy of the Log.txt and the scenery packs ini so our resident expert can have a look for you tomorrow.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

41 minutes ago, RP116 said:

thanks for reply. Have attached as requestedLog.txt

scenery_packs.ini 1.69 kB · 0 downloads

Your scenery packs looks OK. Your XP Log file doesn't show any errors in it so i am wondering if it is a copy made after XP has been hanging as it would then indicate if there were any problems occurring. 

Can you describe what you mean by hanging. Is it a very long load time you are referring to?

We could do one simple test if you are willing, as it seems a pity to just demand a refund when all the addons you just bought work absoluteley fine. We need to find what the unique problem is in your case.

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK. Make a new folder called Custom Scenery. In the Custom Scenery.BAK folder make short cuts to the 3 Orbx SoCal folders of Custom/overlay and ortho.. Also make a shortcut to Global Airports.

Place those shortcuts into the new Custom Scenery folder. Start XP and then exit. Open the Custom Scenery folder and check that the scenery_packsini has layered the files in this layer sequence:

Global Airports

TE Socal custom

TE Socal overlay

TE SoCal ortho.

Then run XP and choose a Socal airport and load a flight. I need to see if you get the SoCal scenery appearing and/or get an on screen error message.

What ever happens  please immediately attach a copy of the Log file that will be generated when you make that flight

Thanks

many apologies..i was reading your message and realized it might be a loading time issue..since my computer is fairly new (ryzen 3950 and rtx 2080ti.) i wasnt used to waiting that long for the load, but after waiting a minute or two, it loaded. 

apologies.now just i have to fine tune the graphic settings!! sorry

Archived