Zigzagging lines L52 with TE SoCal

Hi,

Purchased the brandnew TrueEarth SoCal today and it is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous! Worth every penny. I had previously already installed the L52 (Oceano) freeware and just flew into L52 to look how well it would blend in the surrounding TrueEarth. It's OK but could have been better imho. Grass collour is different from that around the airport and you clearly see the edges of the airport scenery. With the PNW sceneries the airports blend a lot better with the surrounding TrueEarth.

But as said, it's OK. What really stranges me are all those zigzagging lines, especially the runway centerline. What could that be?

l52.png

As it is a freeware addon I doubt if any changes will be made. Regarding the zigzag lines, again I cannot comment but they could be an accurate portrayal of the actual lines at that airfield made by a an inexperienced line painter :)

You could always check if the default airfield is a better option.

It's quite a common occurrence in photoreal textures.  The photoreal imagery has to be manipulated to fit not only the surrounding scenery but also whatever mesh is being used.  This can result in 'stretching' of the imagery that isn't normally noticeable.  

You can of course use ADE to place a default runway on top of the photoreal texture, it will have dead straight lines, edges and be dead flat, but IMHO won't look as good as the photoreal version.

Archived