Wanting to write over my Global Lights in P3D v5.

With the ones  i personally set in v4.5  What are all the files names you need to move over, and where are they in the v4.5 installatin?  Global Lights has no v5 recognition So...anybody?   What files must I copy over to v5?, and where do they sit?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Orbx Flyer said:

So...anybody?   What files must I copy over to v5?, and where do they sit?

Thanks in advance!

From what I know the light configurator still works? Just go click configure in the global base pack and the config tool should come up... also maybe write a shorter title and the rest in the actual post :)

• Doug Sawatzky changed the title to Wanting to write over my Global Lights in P3D v5.

It's not ready for v5 and trying to trick it by copying files around is not supported. If doing so breaks your sim, tech support won't help you..

See this post so you'll find the official word and so you won't have to ask when it'll be fixed (answer: it's in the hands of the developers, so no estimate).

Also better to ask in the formal support area instead of where you did (marked "no support requests here please").

9 hours ago, Gulfstreamtwo said:

It's not ready for v5 and trying to trick it by copying files around is not supported. If doing so breaks your sim, tech support won't help you..

See this post so you'll find the official word and so you won't have to ask when it'll be fixed (answer: it's in the hands of the developers, so no estimate).

Also better to ask in the formal support area instead of where you did (marked "no support requests here please").

I actually wasn't asking for support...but was asking which files I could move over.  Just the files...:)

11 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

From what I know the light configurator still works? Just go click configure in the global base pack and the config tool should come up... also maybe write a shorter title and the rest in the actual post :)

Some people never get past the title....;)

Archived