Edinburgh EGPHerrors/ not looking correct

ZG530

Hi, firstly-apologies - new user and just realised this is probably the wrong section. Mod,please adjust to the correct area for Help requests/bugs?247968443_Screenshot2020-05-04at22_59_47.thumb.png.9ce2b2bf9666189f2cfdf634ece28bbc.png I have all 3 GB True Earth products installed and were running beautifully until a couple of days ago I purchased Edinburgh.  Your transaction ID / receipt number is 5eac4d277fc52. whenever I load in any ac I get the pop up that there was a problem loading the package and the scenery may not look correct. I haven't really been able to detect visually whilst flying where the error lies although last night Xplane11 did CTD whilst flying over EGPH at 2000ft. It has never crashed before(high end late 2019 iMac27inch).  Not an expert on what the log file reveals but it does show errors. 

Log.txt

This obj file named "EGPH_17" located in folders "Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh / objects / misc /" is trying to reference a Draped Texture file named "AO_A.dds" located in folders "Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh / objects /

Do you have these two files "EGPH_17" and "AO_A.dds" located in the above mentioned folders?

6 hours ago, ZG530 said:

e 201

Hi, thanks for the reply. Just searching the file structure and have found both of those items in the correct folders. Have also done a reinstall of EGPH in the last 24hrs but get the same results when restarting.

1 hour ago, ZG530 said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. Just searching the file structure and have found both of those items in the correct folders. Have also done a reinstall of EGPH in the last 24hrs but get the same results when restarting.

Looking at your Log file I notice that your True earth addons are not layered correctly in.

Attach your scenery_packs.ini please so i can review and change where required. It may help your issue. I know you have reinstalled this addon, but I need you to check in Orbx Central if you have made a backup copy. This info is in Orbx central/settings/downloader. If there is a corrupt file and you have a backup, when you uninstall and reinstall Orbx central will read the backup copy and reinstall. This would perpetuate any corruption as it is not downloading a brand new copy.

I attach a pic for your assistance. You will see where I have indicated the backup copy location if applicable and you need to go to that file and delete it. Untick the backup option if ticked.

1.thumb.JPG.e2ed380419f5c2a8960bad89aac91d2f.JPG

5 hours ago, ZG530 said:

Thanks Jon. Exactly as you said. Cleared the backup and unticked(you were correct) but the issue still exists on attempting 3 subsequent loads. Attached is the scenery config. Many thanks.scenery_packs.ini

I have adjusted your scenery_packs.ini as the TEGB files were way down the layering sequence and should have been just under Global Airports. I have also put EGPH at the top of the layer.

See if that improves things. If not then attach (not a pic of) your XP Log file immediately after loading a flight and getting the onscreen error message. it is important that the log file you attach is the very current one that is generated at the time of the error message appearing on screen.

scenery_packs.ini

Thanks again for all your help Jon. Still no joy. Attached as requested. I searched again for the aforementioned AO_A.ddsand just noticed it is actually in \objects and not objects\misc.

Is that correct? If so I guess that would do it? TBH it hasn't seemed to cause a display issue but not obviously unsure about the CTD

scenery_packs.ini Log.txt

On 5/5/2020 at 7:06 AM, Sentry11 said:

This obj file named "EGPH_17" located in folders "Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh / objects / misc /" is trying to reference a Draped Texture file named "AO_A.dds" located in folders "Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh / objects /

Do you have these two files "EGPH_17" and "AO_A.dds" located in the above mentioned folders?

21 hours ago, ZG530 said:

Thanks again for all your help Jon. Still no joy. Attached as requested. I searched again for the aforementioned AO_A.ddsand just noticed it is actually in \objects and not objects\misc.

Is that correct? If so I guess that would do it? TBH it hasn't seemed to cause a display issue but not obviously unsure about the CTD

scenery_packs.ini 9.36 kB · 1 download Log.txt 315.84 kB · 3 downloads

I also have EGPH - Edinburgh and its running without problems and  without the error notification that you are receiving at XP startup. So I can assume the EGPH files that I have are not corrupted and are placed in their correct folders. (Attached)

Have you also tried removing all third party plugins from the XP plugins folder except the Laminar plugins and files and then computer & XP restart to see if you still get the error message?

Texture AO_A.jpg

Object EDPH_17.jpg

Thanks very much Sentry11 and Jon for the assistance. I've done a painstaking check through the directory in comparison and all is present and correct. Removed plugins and restarted and it has no affect. In answer to the other point, yes the fire-fighting area looks good. TBH_I've done quite a lot of flying over the area now in a default Cessna 152, JF Hawk and FFBoeing 757 and apart from the weird message at startup and the obvious error within the log I can't really seem to find fault with anything. Apart from that I think the scenery is excellent and although it is odd and a minor hinderance, don't really see what else to do apart from a complete uninstall of all Orbx GB etc or whether it is possible and worth it, to get to the bottom of it. The scenery is certainly performing ok with very good frame rates and it hasn't put me off investing in any others! 

Screenshot 2020-05-09 at 15.48.20.png

Screenshot 2020-05-09 at 15.50.51.png

Archived