Terrain Issues Black Squares- Tried Fixes

Hi!

I  am having terrain issues near KMSY and LIRQ.  Black morphing squares with light underneath.  Tried the terrain fix which has always worked in the past using the updated P3dv5 (NIck's) fix with a re-synchronization.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Global, OLC NA and EU and then verified files.  Migrated Orbx libraries to out of the P3dv5.  Nothing seems to get rid of these squares.  There was one suggestion on an earlier post about this same issue at KMSY but I am not sure you can force a migration anymore with the new Orbx Central unless of course that is re-synchronization.  But I did that after verifying the files.

Assistance greatly appreciated.  

Terrain Issues KMSY 2.jpg

Terrain Issues KMSY 3.jpg

I have seen a similar behavior using a LatinVFR airport in Prepar3d5V5HF1 yesterday. This was Fort Lauderdale imbedded in Orbx OpenLC NA, but I doubt the latter was responsible. Having a look on the GPU memory display it was close to 9.2/9.2 and the sim crashed a few minutes after landing.

I think LM has to do more work on memory management - and this was a wee little C172. Or, you can lower sliders considerably, but then I could stay with FSX...

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Nick!

Below addon scenery in the scenery.cfg and in the p3dv5 main folder.  I did a reinstall last night using the hot fix installer following your directions.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Global and my 4 OLCs , reverified them and the resynched.

15 hours ago, pmb said:

I have seen a similar behavior using a LatinVFR airport in Prepar3d5V5HF1 yesterday. This was Fort Lauderdale imbedded in Orbx OpenLC NA, but I doubt the latter was responsible. Having a look on the GPU memory display it was close to 9.2/9.2 and the sim crashed a few minutes after landing.

I think LM has to do more work on memory management - and this was a wee little C172. Or, you can lower sliders considerably, but then I could stay with FSX...

Kind regards, Michael

9.2/9.2 with a C172.  I can't imagine how a complex airline addon would even be attempted at this rate.

16 minutes ago, curt1 said:

9.2/9.2 with a C172.  I can't imagine how a complex airline addon would even be attempted at this rate.

That was my question, too. While I took off with a moderate ~4.5/9.2 VRAM usage must have gone through the roof at a point. Admittedly high settings, but still.

Kind regards, Michael

19 hours ago, ibelarry said:

Hi Nick!

Below addon scenery in the scenery.cfg and in the p3dv5 main folder.  I did a reinstall last night using the hot fix installer following your directions.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Global and my 4 OLCs , reverified them and the resynched.

Hello,

I am not sure why two other customers have started a new debate about an unrelated subject in your topic.

My recommendation to you is to run through the topic again.

Archived