GES/LFSB concrete patch in middle of village

Just wanted to report that the area around LFSB Basel looks wrong in P3D5 (Pre and after Hotfix 1).

Just to the right of Runway 15 there is a village. There seems to be a misplaced patch of concrete. The whole area actually looks quite missmatched compared to the P3D4 version.
I have added two screenshots. Screen1 is what it looks like in P3D5 Hotfix 1, Screen 2 is from P3D4, which is what it should look like.

I had the same problem even before the Hotfix. I have since re-installed my complete PC and clean install of P3D5 Hotfix 1 today.

I have all Global packages and GES installed. Screenshots are taken at default airport.

screen1-GES.png

screen-2-GES-P3D4.png

I have taken another two screens from a different angle. This clearly demonstrates that something isn't right with Germany South.
The first screen is without GES (but with Global Basel and LC Europe). Looks neat, with the expection of a couple of weird grey patches.

When I add GES (second screen) then it looks like its been put together with cut out pictures.
It looks nothing like its supposed to (see comparison to P3D v4 in my first post). Even the default scenery looks much better.

screen-without-GES.png

screen-with-GES.jpg

Although I have no hope of changing your mind, here is a Google Earth image.

1.jpg

If you take the time to compare the various features, such as the positioning of

the roads, the water, the shape and content of the airport, the areas of housing, the areas that are fields,

even the shape that seems to have been read as a car park is there.

I know what you mean Nick, Im fine with the positioning. 
But, look at the two screens in my first post. One is GES in P3Dv4, the other is P3D v5. 
GES in P3D v5 looks like random cut out pieces of (square)  pictures. I don't just mean that concrete patch, Im looking at all the village textures in that area. 
In v4 it actually looks like a village which is neatly placed in to the scenery. v5 just doesn't.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:28 AM, Brittanix said:

Just wanted to report that the area around LFSB Basel looks wrong in P3D5 (Pre and after Hotfix 1).

Just to the right of Runway 15 there is a village. There seems to be a misplaced patch of concrete. The whole area actually looks quite missmatched compared to the P3D4 version.
I have added two screenshots. Screen1 is what it looks like in P3D5 Hotfix 1, Screen 2 is from P3D4, which is what it should look like.

I had the same problem even before the Hotfix. I have since re-installed my complete PC and clean install of P3D5 Hotfix 1 today.

I have all Global packages and GES installed. Screenshots are taken at default airport.

screen1-GES.png

screen-2-GES-P3D4.png

Nick, Im not going to give up on this argument ;)

Please ignore Google Maps for a moment and don't concentrate on that concrete patch which I meantioned. Also ignore those red circles for a moment.
Please concentrate on the Orbx GES scenery and you can wonderfully compare the two (P3Dv4 and P3Dv5).

The first screen shows GES in the new P3D v5 version. The village textures do not fit the sorounding scenery. It looks like cut out pictures which are pasted over field areas.

Now compare with the second screen with GES from P3D v4. The village blends in wonderfully with the sorounding fields and looks great.

Both screens have been taken at the same location using the same Orbx Add-Ons, yet they look completely different texture wise.
Surely you must see the difference ...

Archived