P3dv5 and Hotfix

Hello. Went to Lockheed Martin. Downloaded the full version with the hotfix in like they suggested. Installed it on my system. Worked just fine.

Flew around using the default flight.  Refigured all my controls and landed and shut the system down. Restarted my system and fired up p3d v 5 again, and started right up into default mission.

Started loading Orbx did Global Base, Buildings, Trees and LC Africa. Closed down Orbx  and then tried to start up P3D V 5. Everything seemed fine,  till the end and just got a black screen for about 15-20 second and then ctd to desktop. Rebooted system and the same thing happened after loading up all the terrain stuff,   just got a  black screen with engine running  in the back ground for about 15 seconds  and then ctd.

What can I do now to fix this????     Thanks            

Hi,

Have you installed Orbx using the XML method outside your P3D5 folder? If yes, then maybe you are suffering the same fate as described from page 8 onwards of this thread on Avsim:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/574341-p3d-version-5-hot-fix-now-available/page/8/

If not, then I have no idea, sorry.

Cheers

Jack

Hi

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.
Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

Archived