Northern California HD Download issue

Brettaus

Hi all,

I have just purchased Northern California HD for X Plane 11 when i tried to download and install it I get an error message "This product cannot be installed as there are incompatible products installed. They will need to be uninstalled before the installation can proceed"

This is the first time i have seen this issue have multiple Orbx products and installed without any issue, I do have the SD version installed so i'm stumped how do i know which product is incompatible? 

Purchase made today 30/04/2020

Regards

Brett

Ok so I can't have SD and HD version installed at the same time? I installed SD 2 months ago and only just purchased the HD version today so only single download SD was already installed, I thought you had to have SD version installed to upgrade to HD 

Regards

Brett.

20 hours ago, Brettaus said:

Ok so I can't have SD and HD version installed at the same time? I installed SD 2 months ago and only just purchased the HD version today so only single download SD was already installed, I thought you had to have SD version installed to upgrade to HD 

Regards

Brett.

You can but not via using Orbx central. I would take the SD version and physically move it to outside of it's current location. Then run the Uninstall option for it in Orbx Central. This should trick central into removing the SD version in theory. You can then hopefully install the HD version to where the SD version originally was. Then either use a shortcut or symbolic link to link the SD version's new location back the Custom Scenery folder. The only downside is that you won't get any updates to the SD version, only the recognised as installed HD version.

To do the link back to the Custom Scenery folder, just right click the 3 SD files and "Send to Desktop as shortcut" Then take the 3 new shortcuts and place them in your Custom Scenery folder

Thanks  Doug & Jon,

All done thanks! I had a look at a couple of videos in You tube and found I had actually set the whole thing up wrong, I had it all in X-plane Custom Scenery folder but deleted everything then reinstalled and the central software showed I had to setup folder out of Sim so now it all installs without any issue.

Archived