Blocks in Orbx Global Base or open LC scenery

zap737

Hi Nick,

I am getting ugly black blocks in the NA  landclass  southeast of Palm Springs near Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport KTRM.

I have followed the procedure you posted below but it doesn't seem to work and I think it is outdated.

Your post below states

Please try renaming Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off

Note: if the Orbx Libraries are installed into an Orbx Central Library, the

Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl file to rename will be the one in that folder.

I have the Orbx libraries installed in my Orbx Central Library.

The folder Scenery\BASE\Scenery\  does not exist in my Orbx Libraries in my Orbx Central Library.

Could you please update your post with the latest correct procedure and folder structure.

Thanks

2020-4-25_17-56-58-950.png

Just to let you know....

I have followed your new instructions and where it says..

Please try renaming Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off

Run Verify files for the Orbx Libraries which will replace the lclookup.bgl file.

the lclookup.bgl is not replaced and the procedure does not work and the problem remains.

Hello,

it seems that once the Orbx Libraries are installed outside the P3D folder, P3D uses a lclookup.bgl file from that folder.

In fact, one can disable the Lclookup.bgl file in scenery\Base\scenery and P3D continues to work.

This means that it is immune from replacement by changes made to P3D and should therefore not need be

a part of the fix if the Orbx Libraries are not inside the P3D folder.

I have amended the topic to reflect this.

It does also mean that there is another way to break the scenery, unticking the Orbx Libraries in the add-ons menu will achieve that.

Here is the induced error.

Either adding the default version of lclookup.bgl to P3D or unticking the Orbx Central libraries in the add-ons menu will achieve this:

2020-4-25_10-4-12-33.jpg

and here it is fixed, by either running verify files for the Orbx Libraries inside the P3D folder or enabling the Orbx Library in the add-ons list.

2020-4-25_10-12-14-471.jpg

Hi Nick, it is a NA landclass issue. 

If I delete NA landclass it looks fine with global.

If I reinstall it, the problem comes back

I have completely uninstalled (deleted) and re-installed Orbx Libraries and NA Landclass but the problem is still there

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Here is what I see.

2020-4-25_12-27-7-228.jpg

Thanks Nick,

So can you confirm that is with Global and NA Landclass.  If it is, then what could be the problem with my scenery.  I only have Orbx products ass add ons.

Well around KSEA, KLAX  and EDDF it seem fine.  It's just in this area.

I have completely uninstalled (deleted) and re-installed Orbx Libraries and NA Landclass but the problem is still there

This is what I see...

2020-4-25_21-32-41-42.png

Hi Nick,

I resolved this by un checking all my add-on Orbx scenery and starting with Global I added them one by one.

I did Global and then NA Lanclass and then Libraries,, Object flow in that order and it worked.  Thanks for your help.

Hi Nick,  the problem is back.

Can you mark this still active.

I tried everything to solve it.

I completely uninstalled P3D V5 and Orbx Central and reinstalled them.

I then installed Libraries, Base and started the sim - No problem.

I then installed NA LAndclass and the problem is back but only in this area it seems.

Further to the above, The problem occurs with only Base, Libraries and NA Landclass.  No other addons were present.

If I disable Libraries, the problem disappears.

If I disable the NA Lanclass in Add-Ons the problem disappears, but then I lose the benefit if NA landclass.

I am thinking it is an Orbx Libraries problem.

I have repeatedly tried the procedure with deleting the terrain.cfg but it doesn't fix the problem.

Can you refer the problem to the developers.

Here is another example of the problem in California near Palmdale KPMD.

2020-4-26_17-5-29-219.jpg

Hi Nick,  I tried that but the problem remains.

I also note that I have the same problem in V4.

In V4 I have Base installed into the sim but Libraries in the external Orbx Library.

For V5 I have Base installed externally and tried with libraries installed in the sim and external to the sim and I have the same problem.

Hello,

it seems clear that the lclookup.bgl file is the key to this problem.

It also seems unclear which one is being read by the simulator depending

upon what configuration the customer has chosen.

In theory, if both products are installed inside the simulator, then it is only

scenery\Base\scenery but I see that in the case of external installations,

there are numerous lclookup.bgl files in the Orbx Libraries folder and also

another one in Your P3D v5 Scenery Library\p3dv5\Global BASE Pack\Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base.

I have attached the lclookup.bgl file that produces the images that I have shown you.

You could place a copy of it into the various locations and see if it helps.

lclookup.bgl

Hi Nick,

Just to be clear, I have Base and NA Landclass and Orbx Libraries now installed external to the sim in my Library.

I replaced the  lclookup.bgl in a total of 8 locations.  One location was in the sim in Scenery/Base/Scenery and the other 7 locations were in my Library found by a search.

I then deleted the terrain.cfg file and started and closed the sim.

I then started Central and did a sync then I started the sim.

Unfortunately the problem remains.

Thanks Nick.

To the Central developers, please note I did a full re-install of P3D V5 and re-install of Orbx Central, Global Base, NA Landclass and Orbx Libraries but the problem persists.

I really should be able to simply install P3D and Orbx Central and Base and NA Landclass and Orbx Libraries and it should work, but unfortunately it does not.

It would be great to have it resolved.

Thanks,

It should also be noted that I have simply installed P3D and Orbx Central and Base and NA Landclass and Orbx Libraries and it does work.

However all the products are installed inside the P3D v4 and v5 folders.

No idea if this is relevant or not.

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

It should also be noted that I have simply installed P3D and Orbx Central and Base and NA Landclass and Orbx Libraries and it does work.

Where exactly have you installed each of Base and NA Landclass and Orbx Libraries, in P3D or in the external Libray ?

Ok here is what I found...

If I installed Base and NA Landclass and Orbx Libraries, in P3D directly, the problem remained.

It was only when I replaced the  lclookup.bgl  file in the P3D V5\Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder with the  lclookup.bgl which Nick posted above, that the problem resolved itself.

I then installed the other Orbx add-ons shown below in my external Library BUT, when I enabled all the addons at the same time when the sim started, the KSEA lanclass was completely messed up but KTRM was fine !.

So I unchecked all the addons, and that did not fix the problem.

I then shut down the sim, deleted the terrain.cfg file. Restarted the sim, shut down the sim then ran Central and did a sync.

Then I restarted the sim, and added the addons one by one testing KSEA and it worked.  Ialso tested KTRM, KPMD and EDDF to be sure Europe Landclass was working.

So it seem that installing Base and NA Landclass and Orbx Libraries external to the sim in the Library causes this problem.

Also, even if you install it into the sim, the  lclookup.bgl file which is being used is the wrong one.

And finally, if you have added a bunch of addons in the external library, and then you enable those scenery addons at the same time when you start the sim, it screws up the landclass somehow.

Here is my working setup below..

Annotation 2020-04-27 230410.jpg

Annotation 2020-04-27 230504.jpg

14 hours ago, zap737 said:

If I installed Base and NA Landclass and Orbx Libraries, in P3D directly, the problem remained.

It was only when I replaced the  lclookup.bgl  file in the P3D V5\Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder with the  lclookup.bgl which Nick posted above, that the problem resolved itself.

For the developers, what I want to know is why do I have to manually replace the lclookup.bgl in P3D V5\Scenery\BASE\Scenery for this to work ?

Surely if I perform a legitimate install procedure using Central, it should install and utilise the correct bgl file ?

Thanks,

Further informatiom.

I have also moved the Orbx Libraries out of the sim and into the external Library and it still works, with the proviso that the lclookup.bgl  file in the P3D V5\Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder is replaced with the one from Nick above.

So, only Base and NA Landclass are installed directly into the sim.

Not sure if BOTH Base and NA Landclass need to be in the sim or just NA Landclass.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @zap737,

Confirming that we're aware of this thread and issue. We have a tracking task internally to investigate this and we'll provide a follow up in this thread.

Hello.

Excuse me if I do something wrong here, but this is my first time in a forum!

It seems that I have the same problem, too.

My problem is in the Alps, Europe, around N47`33,9 E012`07,7

A little west of LOIK – Kufstein Langkampfen (Austria) (Picture 2)

I have tried all the suggestions, too.

I had a hope that P3D v5 `s hotfix would help, but, no.

When deleting the terrain.cfg file, the bad textures were gone, but so were also some lakes and rivers. (Picture 1)

Letting Orbx Central Sync the Simulator, made the strange (a mix of night and city?) textures reappear, and all the water too. (Picture 2)

It all became the same as before (Picture 2) whatever changes I tried to do, inside or outside of Prepar3d-directory.

I have some troubles with Lake Tana in Ethiopia too. There, the water is gone! But I have not made to much research with this area.

Thank you for your work with making the simulator a pleasure to fly in :-)

Regards Svein H.

602772807_AustriadeletedTerraincfg.thumb.jpg.c98874aa615c6fae09853066c4c741e9.jpg741830461_AustriaafterSyncSim.thumb.jpg.0077674fcb08e277be249fe8a98acdad.jpg

An update: I uninstalled LOWI, and installed it again. I set it in FTX Germany South mode, since I have this installed. And now, I have Innsbruck working.

I should have told you that I have : The BASE Pack, openLC Europe and Libraries too. And a lot more from Orbx. Nothing else were installed.

It looks like there were something wrong with the LOWI-download file.

And: There is water where there should be grond around LOIH, Austria.Water instead of ground under the plane

Regards, Svein H.

Hi guy's,

I just discovered the same problem in P3Dv4.5 around LOWI Area. (Have global base, Germany South and LOWI installed there)

I suspect Germany South blending into Austria is the problem.

tried Nicks solving process but no luck.

Regards,

Ben

Archived