EGNM poor frame rates

Poor frame rates with EGNM

Hello gentlemen/ladies, 

I am running EGNM for P3DV4 along with Orbx TEGB - but no matter what I do with the configuration files or irrespective of most graphics settings in P3d I am getting no more than 10-12 frames maximum with the default F22 aircraft. If i turn away from the airport towards Leeds then the frames return to 38-40. To put it into perspective I normally get around 30 frames into Orbx LOWI with FSLABs 320 and the same for Fly Tampa Kastrup with PMDG 777.

I have tried removing TEGB but this only improves frames rates by around 1-2 frames.  

I can't see anyone else suffering with these frame rates - could you advise on what I could try?

I have just done a fresh install of P3dV4 and Orbx products and I still get the same FPS.

Thank you, 

Earl

Hello gentlemen/ladies, 

I am running EGNM for P3DV4 along with Orbx TEGB - but no matter what I do with the configuration files or irrespective of most graphics settings in P3d I am getting no more than 10-12 frames maximum with the default F22 aircraft. If i turn away from the airport towards Leeds then the frames return to 38-40. To put it into perspective I normally get around 30 frames into Orbx LOWI with FSLABs 320 and the same for Fly Tampa Kastrup with PMDG 777.

I have tried removing TEGB but this only improves frames rates by around 1-2 frames.  

I can't see anyone else suffering with these frame rates - could you advise on what I could try?

I have just done a fresh install of P3dV4 and Orbx products and I still get the same FPS.

Thank you, 

Earl

Hi Doug, 

thanks for the reply.

Intel I7-4790 @4.00 GHz - (slightly overclocked to 4.4)

8 GB Ram

NVidia GTX970

P3dV4.4 running on SSD

FTX Global Base pack

FTX Global Buildings

FTX Global Trees

FTX Open LC Europe

FTX TEGB Central and South

Active Sky Next 

ENTEX and ENVSHADE 

(I don't think any other of my addons would have an effect).

Traffic is currently inhibited whilst I solve the problem.

Thank you very much, 

Earl

Hi Greg,  it doesn't make any difference. 

In fact if I switch off parked cars,  AI traffic, and PBR ground services I only get an additional 2 to 3 frames per second,  and a sparse airport. But it's still very much a slide show. 

When I uninstall true earth I still only get around 14 frames a second which is strange for such a small airport.

Thanks. 

54 minutes ago, monk3ytrousers said:

Not sure if it's relevant, but I've also noticed that there are no shadows on any of the aprons, taxiways or runway, however where the wings over hang onto the grass or of you place the aircraft onto the grass shadows are displayed.....?

OK that suggests that something is amiss somewhere. What version of v4 are you running?

G

It's version 4.5 as I've just done a brand new install. 

I've just removed TEGB central and lowered by graphics settings to see how much extra frames I get but it's still around 14 fps dropping to 7 at night. 

I've done a fresh install of LBA and it's made no difference, so I'm at a loss add I don't suffer with any other airports. Orbx LOWI with EU LC and sliders at fairly high settings are returning 35 to 40 fps.

Any ideas? 

OK, done some more investigation.

With all Add-ons removed and just EGNM the frames remain at best 12-14 FPS (7-8 fps at night).

If I uninstall EGNM but have all Orbx Global, EU LC, TEGB then the frames are 40fps.

If I add EGNM to the above then the frames drop to 7-12 FPS.

Got to be a problem with EGNM, but can't see anyone else reporting.....?

Any ideas?~

• 1 month later...

Hi I have similar but not so severe problem, EGNM is my worst performing add-on (I have UK2000 EGLL, EGPF, EGPH, Aerosoft LSZH and FlyTampa EHAM). All these others rarely dip below my 30fps frame lock using Aerosoft A320 Pro and Orbx Vector, Global, EU and TEGB (all 3) but EGNM always drops to 22-27 (manageable but weird that a relatively small airport would do this when EHAM and EGLL are OK.

I'm on i7 9700k 3.5 OC to 5.0; 16gb ram; GTX 1660 Super 6Gb.

Thanks for any ideas.

Just bumping this up a bit - I uninstalled EGNM and got back to normal 30fps (locked), re-installed and its even worse than before (12-20fps). Switched over to (UK2000) EGLL as a comparison and back up to 30fps. I turned off all the 'extras' and still around 20 fps.

Archived