Updating P3DV5 with Orbx installed

I am running the initial release of V5. I own Orbx Global Base, Open LCNA, Europe and South America, all installed in a separate library outside the core sim using Orbx Central 4.1.6

LM has announced a hot fix will be coming out next week. Since many of the current reported bugs in V5 involve scenery, (hitting invisible walls etc), I strongly suspect that the hot fix will require reinstalling client, content and scenery - or basically, a complete P3D reinstall.

If this is the case, is there anything I need to do specifically in Orbx Central prior to uninstalling the existing P3DV5? In a fresh install, there would not be any Orbx entries in the add-ons.cfg initially.

Based on my understanding of Central V2, the procedure would be to run Central, do a “verify files” on each product, followed by a “sync simulator”? Or would it require an uninstall and reinstall? I just want to be sure that the lclookup.bgl and terrain.cfg entries that Orbx requires get properly entered after updating the base sim.

As far as I understand, even with a complete new install, it should not be necessary to reinstall anything from Orbx, if Orbx liveries are in function. Maybe some Orbx updates will be necessary.

Archived