Prepar3dv5 Install problems

I uninstalled and Reinstalled  P3Dv5 three times. When I ran FTX Central when I tried run the install  Library,I got the following message " Some errors were detected whilst installing Orbx Libraries. The program may not function if these issues are ignored." "1 file failed to extract, run verify file." I ran verify file" but still have some problems. I noticed that when I looked into my scenery file, the following items were greyed out: Global, Generic Vehicle libraries, 0005 Base,   Default Scenery, and Default Terrain. So all four of these are greyed out. I installed KSNC (Chester) and there is an elevation problem. I can't get to the KSNC bgl file to rename it to OFF to try and correct the elevation. I am assuming I can't find this file as the 0005 Base is greyed out.  Pulling my hair out on this one. Can anyone help me correct this problem? I really don't want to uninstall and reinstall V5 is possible. Thank you

Hello,

these items that are greyed out are greyed out by P3D:
Generic Vehicle libraries, 0005 Base,   Default Scenery, and Default Terrain.

"Global" is possibly greyed out because you have installed it outside the simulator.

If you want to rename a file, you need to be in Windows File Explorer, not the P3D scenery library.

As a suggestion, double check to make sure P3D.exe is not (still) running in the background, even though you believe you’ve properly exited the sim. You do this via good old Ctrl-Alt-Del and selecting ‘Task Manager‘, then checking to see if P3D.exe is still running. I’ve had a number of occasions where P3D hasn’t exited/terminated properly and P3D.exe remains active.

Archived