YBCG Abnormalities

• 3 weeks later...

Just had the same issue. I'm assuming you have Cityscene as well. In case you haven't solved it yet, this is caused by an incorrect order in the Scenery Library. The Cityscene is placed with higher priority than the airport, causing issues such as trees on the apron and this different photoreal layer bleeding through. You have to adjust the layers in a couple of XML files.

Okay, I am experiencing this issue as well at YBCG. I checked the Scenery Library, and yes, Gold Coast Cityscene was ABOVE YBCG. So, I used SimStarter NG to change the Scenery Library order, moving YBCG airport above Gold Coast Cityscene. This worked, and the airport scenery then operated as it should. That is, until I shut down P3D and restarted it. The Scenery Library reordered and put Gold Coast Cityscene back above YBCG Gold Coast airport. 

Why is it behaving this way? 

Landon

With Simstarter, you must save the scenery after you change it and then make sure you assign that scenery to your load in profile. In my case it's my Profile1. That's the one I load and I make sure any scenery changes are saved to the scenery configuration that goes with that profile.

5 minutes ago, Lee H said:

With Simstarter, you must save the scenery after you change it and then make sure you assign that scenery to your load in profile. In my case it's my Profile1. That's the one I load and I make sure any scenery changes are saved to the scenery configuration that goes with that profile.

Yes, I am very aware of that as I have been a SimStarter user for several years now. Thank you for the suggestion though, as any possible fixes would be good to know. In this case though, I already do exactly what you describe.

Cheers!

Landon

23 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Do you have the YBCG Control panel set correctly?

Yes Doug, I double checked that after seeing that in another post somewhere. 

Archived