I have roads crossing over river water bodies..

I have installed Global and Openlc-NorthAmerica

On the Sarnia River, between Michigan, U.S.A., and Ontario, Canada...the river has road networks going across the water body.  So, is this perhaps a 'need to work on' gliitch with using Orbx Global and Orbx LCNorthAmerica, perhaps?

Also, in the scenery.cfg  should any LC product sit above...or below Global?  Just looking for possible easy fix cure of this. Thanks.

2020-4-17-15-50-21-651.jpg

19 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the Global entries are OLC entries.

They should all be in a block.

Thanks, Nick...and I never touched the Orbx 'default' insertion recommendations.  What do you take of this, then?  This is the Sarnia river, with Michigan across the river, and Ontario at the bottom of the screen shot. I don't have this on lakes, or oceans...but so far, this river, as I haven't yet much explored over v5.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thanks.

The problem is one of vector data.

Both the water and the roads and indeed the river in the middle of the water are controlled by vector data.

It looks to me as if the data in P3D v5 has badly depicted the river as far too wide and it has swallowed up the roads

and the smaller river.

In fact, there seem to be a great many anomalies in this neck of the wood, not least the road that runs down the

middle of the river and then far far away.

To illustrate the point:

Here is what you see, note that I have disabled your suspect, open LC North America and Global Base has no vector data in it either.

2020-4-18_19-3-47-932.jpg

Here is what is actually there

1.jpg

and here is what Orbx Vector does

2020-4-18_19-6-56-772.jpg

In case you are intending, as I think you should, to post a similar enquiry at the P3D forum, here is the other problem that I spotted, just down the river.

2020-4-18_15-30-13-48.jpg

and with Orbx Vector

2020-4-18_15-33-1-137.jpg

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I just cannot quite read the coordinates, can you help?

Thanks Nick for all that.  Nick...can we benifit at all, by er...manually placing Orbx VECTOR for P3D 3/4 into v5?  I know it is no longer being supported...but would that clean this up for now?

Hello,

I did manually add the three main components, OBJ, EXX and CVX to make the demonstration.

While it does work in this area, in other areas, the coastlines do not match so well and one will see

two, one inside the other.

Of course you can try it but also of course, we cannot help with any anomalies because we have declared

it incompatible, as indeed in most respects, it is.

The AEC side, I rather think is completely incompatible because the whole airport database that it

is designed to work with has been updated and will therefore not match.

My advice would be to report the anomaly to LM at the P3D forum, hopefully at some point, it will be

cleaned up but it won't be if you don't tell them.

I have no hotline to them but I will add this topic to the list of things to note and perhaps one of our developers

who does have a hotline could let them know as well. No promises.

Archived