P3D 5: Orbx ESSA problem with grass.

I installed Orbx ESSA on P3D 5 and compared to P3D v4.5 I have greater fps losses.

With Central in Configure I tried to disable  Grass  but after making  Save Changes if I try again with Configure I find the tick on Grass default seasons or on Grass (FTX Norway installed)

and practically grass is always displayed on the scenario.

Hey!

I just tried the config tool and it is correct that it seems that the tool automatically resets the options when re-opening the tool.

I'll get that fixed in the next service pack.

However, if setting the grass to disabled it will remain so until you open the config tool again, and only seems to change to active if actively changing the option once more (ie it seems to be disabled even if clicking save when it says it should be enabled unless you pick FTX Norway compability for the grass and then save).

So, it should be saved correctly when you click save and exit. Or are you experienceing grass in the sim no matter if you disable it?

Defintily something we will fix when we are ready for another patch, but until then just pick your option, press save and close the window and you should be good to go.

If you are actually experiencing grass in the sim no matter if you select to disable it, then we need to continue troubleshooting :)

Cheers,

Marcus

Ciao Marcus!

I tried disabling grass + Save and exited Central but as you can see the grass ... it grows back!:)

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9730/Lr1No7.png

I wanted to try disabling grass for a test because near the grass I see a noticeable drop in fps and please ask if there is anything to put .OFF in ESSA's Scenery.

I take this opportunity to inform you that I installed LEBB on P3D 5 with the same fps problems that are gone with your fix and the two files put .OFF as on P3D 4.5.

In thanking you for your always kind attention, I send you cordial greetings

Roberto

Great to hear about LEBB :)

I checked the files on my system and for me it works fine, can you please check so these files are set to .OFF?

Orbx_ESSA_FTXNOR_Objectflow.OFF

Orbx_ESSA_FTXGLOBAL_Objectflow.OFF

If not, just set them to OFF and the grass will be disabled :)

The two files in ESSA's Scenery were like this:

Orbx_ESSA_FTXNOR_Objectflow.xml

Orbx_ESSA_FTXGLOBAL_Objectflow.OFF

after putting Orbx_ESSA_FTXNOR_Objectflow.OFF the ... mower:) has passed and everything is OK with IT with excellent fps!

I thank you again for your usual courtesy and for the assistance received.

Ciao  Marcus,

Roberto.

2 minutes ago, yvesamuel said:

Hi,

I have another problem at ESSA : no ground texture.

Any soution?

Thank's

Yves

Hey,

In that case your ObjectFlow is probably not working.

Check this thread and you will get the steps you need to perform.

Cheers

Marcus

Archived