HolgerMesh issue?

My TO from Norfolk Island Intl. told me something was wrong.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I´m using AU Blue btw, and I have installed HolgerMesh. I read somewhere you have to activate Holgermesh, other than installing it what do I have to do? Or is this a differet issue? Any help appreciated.

Regards

Bjorn

Hi Wolter.

I see it´s already checked in the Scenery Area list with a priority 2. I take it then, that I have to uncheck Default terrain (last priority 132)??!

Haven´t been around the OzX´s yet, got it downloaded, just waiting to be installed.

Thanks for your help so far!

Bjorn

Hello Bjorn,

no need to deactivate any of the default folders.

That actually looks like a compatibility issue with an airport file for YSNF. Please do a Windows search of your FSX installation for any .bgl files that include YSNF as part of their name and let us know what files you find and the full folder path where they are located.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger.

Can only dig up G:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World. But I´ll install the ozx-add-ons, perhaps that´ll do it?!

Off to bed now. Thank you for your concern!

Btw, using Win 7 HP 64 bit, dedicated drive, FSX Accelleration.

Bjorn

Before venturing out into OZx-territory I should "1. fire up fsX and delete all relevant scenery entries except the OZx_AUS entry". And I have no clue what is referred to. What is relevant for deletion? I have some FTX-scenery files listed in my Scenery Library, I don´t suppose I should delete that.

Took the plunge and installed all the OZx stuff. But the island is still messed up, but in the end it´s not such a biggie. There´s lots of other great places to buzz around. Thanks for your time, gentlemen.

Bjorn

Hi guys,

true that the island looks bland without AU Green but I'm pretty sure I included the airport adjustments with Holgermesh so that the runway isn't sunken in as in Bjorn's first image. In FSX default there's no mesh whatsoever for Norfolk Island, which is why the default runway elevation is at sealevel.

There should be the elevation correction file named AF2_FSX_YSNF_ADE_ORBX_ALT.BGL in Scenery\World\scenery as well as an adjusted airport file named AF2_FSX_YSNF_ADE_ORBX.BGL in \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_HOLGERMESH\Scenery. Can you check for those please?

Cheers, Holger

Hi!

The AF2_FSX_YSNF_ADE_ORBX_ALT.BGL in Scenery\World\scenery is there, but the \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_HOLGERMESH\Scenery folder only holds Australia_mesh_multiLOD4 bgl.s, nine in total, among those the Australia_mesh_multiLOD4-10Norfolk.bgl

I´m still a bit uncertain about the activation of HM, if it´s enabled in Scenery Library is that enough? Or do I have to click elsewhere?

Bjorn

Archived