KTIW ILS Glide Slope Missing - ILS and REIL Strobes Also Missing

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased and installed KTIW and attempted the runway 17 ILS approach.  I was able to capture the localizer, but was unable to capture the glide slope and my plane's instruments never detected it.

Also, I did the approach at night and noticed that there were no sequenced flashing strobes (should be five of them) on the MALSR approach lighting system for runway 17.

According to the airnav.com approach charts, there should also be REIL flashing strobes at the end of runway 35, as well.  When utilized, REIL strobes should be located on each side of end threshold lights, one on each side.  These are important for identifying the runway in IFR conditions, and in the case of runway 35, would help in flying the RNAV(GPS) 35 approach to minimums.

I have noticed that REIL and MALSR strobes are also missing at many other Orbx airports, such as KSBA and KWYS.  At KSBA, the charts shows REIL strobes on at the end of runways 25 and 15R, while at KWYS, the charts show REIL strobes should be at the end of runway 19.  Both MALSR approach light systems at KSBA and KWYS are also missing their respective sequenced flashing strobes, as well.

I have taken a couple of screen shots of the stock version of KTIW, which shows an example of the strobes in action in default P3D/FSX.

Thank you for looking into these issues.

Best regards,

Jim

KTIW-Stock RWY17.png

KTIW-Stock RWY35.png

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived