Orbx True Earth Causing Program Crash

spreezey

Hello, 

I purchased True Earth NorCal last night and it's causing a critical error which is causing XP11 to crash upon loading. I ensured that I have adequate space on my C drive prior to installation and am running a non beta version of XP11. If possible, I was wondering if someone could help me trouble shoot via zoom as I'm not the most proficient these matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you and I hope everyone is safe and well.

-Will 

41 minutes ago, spreezey said:

Hello, 

I purchased True Earth NorCal last night and it's causing a critical error which is causing XP11 to crash upon loading. I ensured that I have adequate space on my C drive prior to installation and am running a non beta version of XP11. If possible, I was wondering if someone could help me trouble shoot via zoom as I'm not the most proficient these matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you and I hope everyone is safe and well.

-Will 

Welcome and sorry about your problem. Unfortunately no Zoom or Skype type assistance is offered but I am sure we can sort things out.

I will need you to attach your XP Log file. I post a pic of where to find that and how to attach it. It may help us decipher what the problem.

That will do for now, but I will be returning for more info once I can see the XP Log.

Please confirm if you are downloading and installing onto C drive or is your XP installation on a different drive?

XP Log location

2.thumb.JPG.950d65a40bcedfa8b55cf2cccefcb7c3.JPG

How to attach your XP Log and any other attachments I may ask for in future

3.thumb.JPG.dcadf806dd841d2cb9433db12d53c415.JPG

Thank you so much for your quick response, Jon. I've attached my log file. For additional context, when I initially downloaded last night I selected the destination to my c drive. This morning when it crashed I proceeded to delete the Orbx scenery files from the custom scenery folder to see if it would allow the game to run. I've been uninstalling the payware and reinstalling through Orbx directly to my library since.

Log.txt

Your log file shows no current Orbx addons installed. Did you just delete the Orbx addons from Custom Scenery folder or did you use Orbx Central to uninstall?

Also please answer regarding this question I asked initially:

"Please confirm if you are downloading and installing onto C drive or is your XP installation on a different drive?"

I have to go now but I will follow up in the morning UK time to check your response.

To answer your initial question I have XP on my C drive and downloaded the files initially onto said drive. 

When it initially crashed I opened up XP on my C drive and deleted the Orbx add ons from my custom scenery folder. Pending your instructions, I am guessing that I'll have to re download the files via main library and then copy the add ons manually over to my custom scenery folder?

Thank you again for your assistance here.

update* I re downloaded the files via main library option and have an updated text file below. I don't think this fixed it unfortunately.

Thank you again, Jon.

Log.txt

In your last log.txt it shows the following errors with "A,B and C Orbx_US_NoCal_TECustom" pkgs.

0:00:46.665 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_NoCal_TE_Custom/
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:808)
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_NoCal_TE_Overlay/
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:46.665 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:808)

0:01:07.878 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:01:07.878 E/SYS: | Error, could not locate image file for terrain
0:01:07.878 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_NoCal_TE_Orthos/terrain/c4c0x50f0x17SM.ter
0:01:07.878 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_NoCal_TE_Orthos/terrain/
0:01:07.878 E/SYS: | ../textures/c4c0x50f0x17.dds
0:01:07.878 E/SYS: | (REN_terrain.cpp:206)
0:01:07.878 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your "scenery_packs" ini file in your "Custom Scenery" folder. Do you have the following lines located below the line "Global Airports"?

Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_NoCal_TE_Custom/
Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_US_NoCal_TE_Overlay/
Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_NoCal_TE_Orthos/

8 hours ago, spreezey said:

To answer your initial question I have XP on my C drive and downloaded the files initially onto said drive. 

When it initially crashed I opened up XP on my C drive and deleted the Orbx add ons from my custom scenery folder. Pending your instructions, I am guessing that I'll have to re download the files via main library and then copy the add ons manually over to my custom scenery folder?

Thank you again for your assistance here.

update* I re downloaded the files via main library option and have an updated text file below. I don't think this fixed it unfortunately.

Thank you again, Jon.

Log.txt 72.51 kB · 2 downloads

There is something odd happening here my friend.

You are mentioning things like having "deleted" files previously, and now mentioning having to potentially manually add files to Custom Scenery.

I think we need to start over again so please do the following:

Open Orbx Central and scroll down until you see True Earth NorCal.

On the right hand page that appears scroll until you see the Options. Click on Uninstall.

Still in Orbx Central go to settings/downloader and Clear the Temp folder as marked in pale blue on my attached pic.

I also need to know the size and free space available of your C drive please.

I also need to know the size and free space of the drive that you are wanting to install TE NorCal onto, if it is a different disk drive than C drive, and whether it is into a library you have created or whether you have chosen to install it direct into your XP installation.

Please make sure you answer all the points I have raised one by one. It will save a lot of time in helping resolve the issue. Thanks

Jon, I am not the most tech proficient and believe the root cause is simply my C drive space, given the add on requires 300gb to install. I apologize for wasting your time on this thread. I placed an order for a 1 TB SSD drive last night and will plan to do a clean install again. I previously had 275 GB of free disk space so this leads me to believe the install was partially complete which then caused the program to crash. 

10 hours ago, spreezey said:

Jon, I am not the most tech proficient and believe the root cause is simply my C drive space, given the add on requires 300gb to install. I apologize for wasting your time on this thread. I placed an order for a 1 TB SSD drive last night and will plan to do a clean install again. I previously had 275 GB of free disk space so this leads me to believe the install was partially complete which then caused the program to crash. 

Let me know if your new drive resolves the issue.

Hi Jon, I installed the new 1 TB ssd. Proceeded to re download the full scenery pack onto my C drive (the download completed in full without any errors). I dragged the three ortho files over to my XP custom scenery folder within my new D drive. I started the sim and was able to load in without issue. I then proceeded to check the vulkan box which caused the program to crash. I then rebooted XP and disabled vulkan. The game has unfortunately been crashing on the loading screen since. I'm sorry for being a headache for you here, the scenery looks beautiful and I cannot wait to experience it. I've attached my latest log file. Thank you again for the assistance.

Log.txt

I don't understand why you are dragging any files. When you want to install an Orbx addon via Orbx Central it asks where you want to install the addon to.

Where did you direct the installation to be placed?

Have you got a non beta XP installed as well, if so did you ask for the addon to be installed there, and then you dragged the installed 3 files to your new ssd?

Also do you have the correct Driver for running Vulkan? Open XP and click on the Vulkan option and exit XP. Restart XP and check that the use Vulkan option is still ticked. Load a flight and tell me if it crashes.

• NVidia: 440.26 or newer
  • AMD: 19.12.3 or newer

Jon, I think I figured it out. I restarted my computer and it loaded without issue. I still need to install a non beta version of XP for the purposes of utilizing True Earth. I'm assuming this can be done by simply going through the installer. 

Yes it can. Then since you have installed NorCal into 11.50 b3, you can then just create shortcuts of the 3 NorCal files and drop the shortcuts into your new non beta XP Custom Scenery. Saves you having to make yet another install of NorCal and will obviously save disk space

Archived