I did something very stupid (migration)

manxjason

Hello, so my GB South scenery has been working splendid, likewise North and Central. Until today I decided to try and migrate (using Orbx Central) into a library folder.

That process failed half way though leaving me sim not loading any GB South scenery. I manually moved the files that had been moved to the library, back into the origin directory. Still no scenery.

Additionally I moved on to 'Verify Files'  which took around 5 hours. Unfortunately Orbx Central crashed during that process, but continued again on restarting the application. Since this processed finished I now receive these errors. I have a feeling they were 'in transit' as Central crashed, as the directory is otherwise well populated.

Would anyone mind supplying these 2 files (if that's the correct thing to do here..).

Central.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx092ymczhv8ye5/central.log?dl=0

thanks

X-Plane_2020-04-12_17-03-31.jpg

X-Plane_2020-04-12_17-03-35.jpg

Log.txt

Are there any jpeg files in your TEGB South Orthos folder? enter .jpg (dot jpg) into the search box and see if any appear.

To send the 2 files is not really the way as the message about the missing  ......17.dds file is only the initial message. It would probably continue to list different file names as time goes on.

Also what is the free space on the disk drive that you have placed the new Library?

Are there any jpeg files in your TEGB South Orthos folder? enter .jpg (dot jpg) into the search box and see if any appear.

To send the 2 files is not really the way as the message about the missing  ......17.dds file is only the initial message. It would probably continue to list different file names as time goes on.

Also what is the free space on the disk drive that you have placed the new Library?

Thank you.

There are 0 .jpeg files in my 'F:/X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos' folder. There is 133GB of free space on that drive too. Just to clarify:

- The migration failed
- I move the migrated files back into the above directory
- Orbx Central crashed due to lack of C: drive space, not F:/

Further attempts at verifying the files is resulting in instant completion after files are scanned.

19 minutes ago, manxjason said:

Thank you.

There are 0 .jpeg files in my 'F:/X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos' folder. There is 133GB of free space on that drive too. Just to clarify:

- The migration failed
- I move the migrated files back into the above directory
- Orbx Central crashed due to lack of C: drive space, not F:/

Further attempts at verifying the files is resulting in instant completion after files are scanned.

Do you have a backup copy. Check in Orbx Central/settings/downloader if you have the Automatically backup product install files ticked. If so untick and then below there it tells you where that backup copy is stored. Go there and delete it. Reboot PC and try the Verify Files again.

I have a strong feeling it is a free space problem due to the error message given. Your disk drive needs at least 10-15% of free space left in order to function correctly. You say you have 133Gb free space but TEGB South requires 127GB of disk space when installed. 

9 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Do you have a backup copy. Check in Orbx Central/settings/downloader if you have the Automatically backup product install files ticked. If so untick and then below there it tells you where that backup copy is stored. Go there and delete it. Reboot PC and try the Verify Files again.

I have a strong feeling it is a free space problem due to the error message given. Your disk drive needs at least 10-15% of free space left in order to function correctly. You say you have 133Gb free space but TEGB South requires 127GB of disk space when installed. 

Thank you.

- 133GB free on the drive, plus an additional 130GB of TEGB South files in the previously mentioned directory. If TEGB was nuked, I would have twice the capacity. 

- disabled downloader backups

- nuked backup directory

- reboot PC

- verified files

- same error

thanks again

What is the size of your 3 individual TEGB South files on you disk drive currently

Custom=?

Overlay=?

Orthos=?

In order for a successful TEGB South install to take place you will probably need around 200GB of free space on the drive you want to install on which includes the necessary free space needed by the disk drive itself to perform as designed. Can you free up some more space?

It's difficult to know exactly what is happening without being at your PC so bear with me. All I can say for sure is that either you don't have enough free space of your TEGB South or some files are corrupted somewhere, some how.

The best bet and a PITA is to uninstall via Orbx Central TEGB South, clear enough space of say 170GB, clear your Temp folder via Orbx Central/settings/downloader, untick the make a backup option, reboot your PC and try another download install.

If that still fails then attach a copy of your Orbx Central log file located in Orbx Central/settings/help immediately after the fresh install and error message.

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

What is the size of your 3 individual TEGB South files on you disk drive currently

Custom=?

Overlay=?

Orthos=?

In order for a successful TEGB South install to take place you will probably need around 200GB of free space on the drive you want to install on which includes the necessary free space needed by the disk drive itself to perform as designed. Can you free up some more space?

It's difficult to know exactly what is happening without being at your PC so bear with me. All I can say for sure is that either you don't have enough free space of your TEGB South or some files are corrupted somewhere, some how.

The best bet and a PITA is to uninstall via Orbx Central TEGB South, clear enough space of say 170GB, clear your Temp folder via Orbx Central/settings/downloader, untick the make a backup option, reboot your PC and try another download install.

If that still fails then attach a copy of your Orbx Central log file located in Orbx Central/settings/help immediately after the fresh install and error message.

Custom= 3.59GB 1,726 files, 47 folders 

Overlay= Size on disk 1.65GB, size 1.64GB 2,877 files, 103 folders

Orthos= 124GB 27,745 files, 6 folders

Before I nuke it, would you mind confirming your file count for each directory? Just in case I am missing just 1 or two.. Unfortunately I'm on a slow 4G connection at the moment and would prefer not to download some 27GB again.

If the file count is off by more than a few, then sure I'll nuke

From what I can see in your file sizes you are missing files.

The files being off by any amount will possibly render the addon unworkable and potential XP crashes.

@Nick Cooper Hello Nick. Would you be good enough to post the file sizes of TEGB South for the customer as my TEGB South is not installed at present? Much obliged

Well that is OK  then, but still leaves the question as to why there is the missing dds error message.

Please attach your Orbx Central log file located in Orbx Central/settings/help.

I am assuming that the 133Gb free space is still valid and that this takes into account the current installation of TEGB South. Just want confirmation please before I ask @Nick Cooper to pass this over to the Orbx Central support forum, as you appear to have enough disk space, but the addon has not completed the conversion process

17 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

It could be only one or two files.

Here is the one from the error message

ac80xfc70x17.zip 19.74 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Nick, thanks. I feel it may just be a few files in transit as the crash occurred. Is our file count very different? 

I'm now missing ac40xfca0x17.dds

@Jon Clarke log file hosted with dropbox on first post, due to file size restrictions.

24 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

There was a difference of two in the count.

This is the second one.

If the error persists, you will need to check for .jpg files.

ac40xfca0x17.zip 19.74 kB · 1 download

That did the trick. @Nick Cooper @Jon Clarke - thank you both for your time.

I'm not sure why 'Verify Files' missed those missing files, but one for your radar should you see it again.

Thanks

Archived