B3 is out...and the comments are encouraging!

I just downloaded myself, but as I did, checked forums and a lot of folks are quite happy, and seeing a definite improvement/progression!   One chap even stated that the er..ah...ALPHA (you know....yes...you do....)  wasn't as smooth as presently XP B3.   So folks...go and get er...  Today, I'm going to try and port over my Orbx T.E. series and see what gives. I for now, only have the Orbx 'Crew' running within XP11.41. Wish me luck...

Pose Edit:  I wonder if I can just copy over any T.E. product from .41 to B3?  The thought of hours involved through Central 4 is daunting....

14 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I just downloaded myself, but as I did, checked forums and a lot of folks are quite happy, and seeing a definite improvement/progression!   One chap even stated that the er..ah...ALPHA (you know....yes...you do....)  wasn't as smooth as presently XP B3.   So folks...go and get er...  Today, I'm going to try and port over my Orbx T.E. series and see what gives. I for now, only have the Orbx 'Crew' running within XP11.41. Wish me luck...

Pose Edit:  I wonder if I can just copy over any T.E. product from .41 to B3?  The thought of hours involved through Central 4 is daunting....

The answer is yes with caveats! There is no support for any beta version of XP by Orbx. Only official release versions.

With that said, I have all my True Earth addons and some Orbx airports on 11.50b3.

The best way is to just use shortcuts from your 11.40/41 installation Custom Scenery folder and drop the shortcuts into the 11.50b3 Custom Scenery folder.

Beware that if you have installed addons into 11.40 via a library rather than directly into XP then you need to go top that library and open the addon folders all the way until you see the actual files and then create shortcuts of those files. Just making a shortcut to the initial file will not work. In a library, the title of the addon is shown. open that and it has a Custom Scenery title and open that and that is where the actual folders are.

Personally I use symbolic links but in this case shortcuts will work fine.

You will have to experiment with Orbx airports as they normally require OrbxLibsXP which can result in possible incompatibilities, error messages etc and possible crashes. Again if that happens you understand there will be no official Orbx support. Suffice to say it is fine to have the TE series and default airports work seamlessly.

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

The answer is yes with caveats! There is no support for any beta version of XP by Orbx. Only official release versions.

With that said, I have all my True Earth addons and some Orbx airports on 11.50b3.

The best way is to just use shortcuts from your 11.40/41 installation Custom Scenery folder and drop the shortcuts into the 11.50b3 Custom Scenery folder.

Beware that if you have installed addons into 11.40 via a library rather than directly into XP then you need to go top that library and open the addon folders all the way until you see the actual files and then create shortcuts of those files. Just making a shortcut to the initial file will not work. In a library, the title of the addon is shown. open that and it has a Custom Scenery title and open that and that is where the actual folders are.

Personally I use symbolic links but in this case shortcuts will work fine.

You will have to experiment with Orbx airports as they normally require OrbxLibsXP which can result in possible incompatibilities, error messages etc and possible crashes. Again if that happens you understand there will be no official Orbx support. Suffice to say it is fine to have the TE series and default airports work seamlessly.

Oh dang!  I have about 1/2 way to go, from porting over, 1.3 TB!   Of course...Shortcuts!  Thanks for your response.  I'll just keep going, so as to have a hard-copy of all the files...but will remember the short-cut route, in the future. So...does B3 behave, with T.E?   I hope to soon find that out for myself.  Also, noted about Orbx Custom airports.  Am loading those over, and will experiment.  I'm looking forward to see how B3 fairs against B2.  At least with B2, I kept ground terrain in focus. Had a couple of CTD's, but to see the ground details of my Ortho4XP L17 in crisp detail was wonderful.  Cheers

Didn't use shortcuts, but actually copied entire T.E. series and all my supporting airports.   Everything running under B3 loads up...with great clarity...and I even have REFLECTIONS at MAXIMUM,  and stay at 29/30 FPS.  Orbx T.E. regions and their airports works like a charm.  No CTD. No artifacts, just solid hours long performance.  This is with an EVGA FTW GTX1070 8GB card running nVidia 445.75

Archived