Moving TE GB

balfie

Hi,

Just a quick question, I previously had XP11 installed on a very small SSD and all of TE GB on a separate HDD. I have now purchased a large SSD to house XP11 and the TE scenery. Im currently installing XP11 onto the new drive. My question is whats the process for moving TE? Will it need a fresh download/install or will drag n drop work?

Thank for your help in advance!!

Hello,

assuming that you must have installed TEGB into an Orbx Central Library, please use this method to move the library to your SSD.

To move a Library.

Example: to move a library from E:\Orbx Library to G:\Orbx Library

1. Create a new and empty folder in the new location. In this case G:\Orbx Library.

2. Open Orbx Central and add a new Library using G:\Orbx Library as the Location.

That takes you to this point:

Orbx library error.png

3. Using Windows File Explorer, copy all the content of E:\Orbx Library to G:\Orbx Library. DO NOT change the file structure.

4. Delete the E:\Orbx Library entry from Orbx Central, using the red Delete tab.

5. Delete the E:\Orbx Library files from your PC.

I have a similar but not exact same issue. I've been trying to add my TE Florida to my newly created separate X Plane eleven X-Plane 11 folder Beta50r1 installation, but as a new user of Orbx I don't have a clue as to how to do this without having to purchase another license. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

3 hours ago, rickplt said:

I have a similar but not exact same issue. I've been trying to add my TE Florida to my newly created separate X Plane eleven X-Plane 11 folder Beta50r1 installation, but as a new user of Orbx I don't have a clue as to how to do this without having to purchase another license. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I assume you have an original installation of XP 11.40/41?

If so make shortcuts to desktop of the 4 folders in your original installation, of the TE Florida. Then cut and paste those 4 folders into your v11.50 Custom Scenery folder. Start XP and then exit. Open your scenery_packs.ini and move the 3 Custom/Overlay & Orthos files and place them directly below Global Airports. Leave the TE Florida airports at the top of the scenery_packs.

You can do that process for all your addons and save a large amount of unnecessary disk space

Hello,

it is worth pointing out that for those customers who want either multiple installations

or just to replace an installation of X Plane 11, the use of an Orbx Central Library is

highly recommended.

As the files are outside the X Plane 11 folder, there is nothing to do but install the second

or the new version, run it once to create the new entry in x-plane_install_11.txt, or if skilled

enough, add the entry manually, then open Orbx Central, select the new version and run

Sync Simulator.

Job done.

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it is worth pointing out that for those customers who want either multiple installations

or just to replace an installation of X Plane 11, the use of an Orbx Central Library is

highly recommended.

As the files are outside the X Plane 11 folder, there is nothing to do but install the second

or the new version, run it once to create the new entry in x-plane_install_11.txt, or if skilled

enough, add the entry manually, then open Orbx Central, select the new version and run

Sync Simulator.

Job done.

Yes excellent idea Nick. The shortcut/symbolic link method however also allows the individual placement of addons to the new or duplicate XP version rather than the whole of the contents of the Orbx Central Library, which in the case of the beta version of XP may and will include potentially, many incompatible addons.

Archived