Layering issue at KPSP

I have an issue with Palm Springs Airport in P3Dv4.5. It looks like a layering issue I presume related to bgl files.

I have attached a screen shot and my Windows Orbx central logfile.

I have Northern and Southern California, Global Base Pack, Trees HD, Vector, Open LC Europe, Open LC North America, open LC South America as well as Libraries in the Orbx range

Also Traffic Global and FS Global Ultimate NG - World wide.

I would appreciate any advice how to resolve this.

Thank-you,

Michael Houghton

KPSP layering issue.jpg

central.log

Thanks Doug,

I had trouble finding the Vector AEC tool due to the changes from FTX Central to Orbx Central  but did eventually find it.

First of all I tried the automatic Configuration tool and it was unsuccesful. I then tried manually enabling AEC for KPSP as it was not there after the automatic configuration.

It is still not working.

Vector AEC 1.jpg

Thanks

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

Hi Mike

I would first disable your "Traffic Global Airport Facilities" addon and try again.

Although I see you have most of them deactivated, I would also use the insertion point tool in Orbx Central and move all your non Orbx 3rd party items to the top of your scenery library.

303441041_OCInsertionPoints.PNG.2e28dbfab8bf9859411aa324a79a638d.PNG

Hi Doug,

I tried these suggestions and unforunately it did not help.

I disabled some of the KPSP bgl files and managed to do the flight I wished to do from Phoenix Sky Harbour to Palm Springs and managed to land  you will see that the runway was at least fully visible but obviously there are conflicts.

The KPSP is a default airport so it remains a puzzle why I have this problem.

Thank-you for your help. It is not going to be resolveable I suspect without a full reinstall.

Regards,

Mike

KPSP elevation.jpg

Orbx central1.jpg

Hi Nick,

I am using P3d version 4.5.13.32097.

I have included screenshots of my bgl files relating to KPSP.

I also searched for the scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_SCA_KPSP_ALT.bgl and it does not seem to be there.

I do not by the way have the Orbx addon airport for KPSP.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Regards,

Mike

P3D scenery search.jpg

P3D version.jpg

scenery bgl 1.jpg

scenery bgl 2.jpg

Hi Nick,

Perhaps you misread but I do not have the Orbx addon for KPSP. Please can you clarify what you meant.

You asked if I had 'scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_SCA_KPSP_ALT.bgl' which I don't believe I have but you have not commented on this.

Thanks.

Mike

Hi Nick,

I have looked at it again. Sorry I did not relaise this was a link to a solution to the problem.

Unfortunately I tried putting the file mentioned into the Default scenery\World\ scenery location and it did not help,

I tried putting it in Orbx scenery libraries as you suggest and this made made no difference either.

Then I disabled all Orbx scenery in the scenery menu and it appeared acceptable. I then put back the Orbx scenery and found that it was two Orbx files which when disabled made the scenery be  as it shoud be.

FTX NA_SCA 05_Scenery

FTX NA_SCA05_CVX

I tried putting the file in the FTX NA SCA 05_Scenery folder but this made no difference.

The one part I did not understand from your documents was 'putting the file above SCA'. I did not know exactly what that meant.

Perhaps I will just be happy to have these two Orbx folders disabled.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mike

FTX NA SCA 05 order.jpg

KPSP.jpg

scenery order.jpg

The Orbx SCA version of KPSP was developed at 0 feet.

this is why it appears in a hole in the ground.

The attached file corrects this.

In earlier versions of P3D and FSX, the file had to be in scenery\world\scenery because

that was at the "bottom" of the scenery library because that was the first place that the

simulator looked for an airport's elevation.

Now, things are different and P3D looks for the airport elevation at the "top" of the scenery library instead.

If you put the file into a scenery item that is higher than the SCA airport, it will read that and the airport will

show correctly.

What you have done is to disable the Orbx version altogether, leaving the default, also at the wrong level for

the surrounding scenery.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for explaining. I put the file in FTXAA_ORBXLIBS>scenery which was the top Orbx folder in my scenery library and it has worked.

It has been a palaver, having taken almost a fortnight to sort out  but it is good to have got there in the end.

I note your comments that you have asked for this problem to be corrected. It would be good if this could be done.

Regards and thanks again for your help with this.

Mike

KPSP Final.jpg

Archived