Holgermesh Papaua New Guinea

Before purchasing anything, I installed the free Holgermesh Papaua New Guinea scenery package to try out and evaluate Orbx products. I didn't have any problems reported in the install.

When I started a flight at Madang, PNG (where I've flown previously), the flight started up with a TOTALLY black screen! On my first attempt, the sim was unresponsive to controls, except to ESCape and end the flight. I tried again, and found I could set the brake and run the engine up, and got the appropriate sound, but again with a totally black screen.

This seems to be just a PNG problem; I set up a flight out of London and the scenery was totally normal.

I sincerely hope someone can suggest a solution or direct me to a fix; I would hate to write off Orbx products completely. They have some additional (paid) add-ons which look really good to me, but only if I have a reasonable expectation they'll work.

THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU, Nick! Removal fixed the problem.

"addon mesh" -- I don't understand. I don't know what a mesh is (in sim software). It sounds like I shouldn't have installed it in the first place, but the website presented it as an enhancement to the scenery, not as a "turns your whole screen black" enhancement. I realize that I know almost nothing about simulation, but I think I'm about to learn something new!

Anyway, thanks! Problem solved!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived