NorCal install bluescreens Windows every time

59psi

I purchased the NorCal HD pack back in the beginning of March and I just can't get it to install. I've tried literally everything...

uninstalled x-plane and re-installed

ran once

quit

using the Orbx installer to install the NorCal HD pack and durnig downloads sometimes (more rare) it bluescreens. Usually it bluescreens *IF* it starts converting/extracting but now it's really taken to liking to just hang there forever. Running out of ideas and patience :/.

I use ESET antivirus and have even disabled it which made no difference. I have over 500GB of disk space on an M2 drive. I have verified all the temp files, I have read the troubleshooting guide and ensured I have the dependencies installed as well. GPU is a 1080i.

central.log

9 hours ago, 59psi said:

I purchased the NorCal HD pack back in the beginning of March and I just can't get it to install. I've tried literally everything...

uninstalled x-plane and re-installed

ran once

quit

using the Orbx installer to install the NorCal HD pack and durnig downloads sometimes (more rare) it bluescreens. Usually it bluescreens *IF* it starts converting/extracting but now it's really taken to liking to just hang there forever. Running out of ideas and patience :/.

I use ESET antivirus and have even disabled it which made no difference. I have over 500GB of disk space on an M2 drive. I have verified all the temp files, I have read the troubleshooting guide and ensured I have the dependencies installed as well. GPU is a 1080i.

central.log 329.24 kB · 0 downloads

You have read my latest installation guide have you?

I ask because you mention you have over 500Gb of free  space on a M2 drive. Do you just have 1 disk drive on your PC?

Is the 500GB drive also your C drive or is it a different drive?

What drive and where are your downloads going?

If it is initially your C drive then what free space is on your C drive?

Archived