EGLC no traffic global movements

Ash624

I have traffic global which works very well at most airports, apart from Orbx ones.

Does anyone know if having Orbx airports prevents traffic global aircraft movements? I have Orbx scenery for the  entire uk plus quite a few airports. I have other addon airports by other vendors too. At other addon airports I see taxiing/landing/departing traffic. None of the Orbx addon airports seem to have moving aircraft, is this correct? (does Orbx  prevent traffic global)

The Orbx scenery and detailed airports are nothing short of superb, but without aircraft movements the additional scenery loses a bit of magic.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm at London City now, I adjusted the sim time to 08:19 and two Luxair Dash 8-400's are taxiing. However, they are duplicates so need to report that to Just Flight.

I have noticed Heathrow is the same, one minute quiet, the next teaming with AI, again duplicates causing go arounds.

Regards

Stan

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed this too with help from this community. Orbx EGLC parking on the apron was too tight a turn, parking too near to taxiways, leading to no spawning of AI/traffic global aircraft. The apt file in custom scenery/Orbx EGLC/Earth Nav data needing swapping. The 180 deg turns to "park up" were the issues. Once the apt file was changed aircraft appeared immediately.

On 4/24/2020 at 11:51 AM, petehowell57 said:

Hi  diyceejay and Ash624

I seem to be having the same problems too.  Would you kindly give me a "dummy" guide to how you solved this.

Many thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete,

No problems, I found the solution with some trial and error and previous comments in these forums.

You first need to download World Editor from https://developer.x-plane.com/tools.worldeditor/

I saved a copy of my Orbx EGLC file at this point in case it all went horribly wrong elsewhere.

The WE software comes zipped, so unzip it into a location of your choice - wherever is convenient as it doesn't matter.

Open the World Editor, and highlight WED Airport Orbx_A_EGLC_LondonCity, then press open in the middle of the bottom of this window.

Press file, import apt.dat...

Choose X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LondonCity/Earth nav data folder and highlight apt.dat file and Open

In the next window highlight EGLC London City and press Import button on lower right of window.

In the central window which is seen in the attached image, with some trial and error you need to press each green line in turn that leads from the taxiway to the parked aircraft symbol, so that it turns orange, and then press delete (on your keyboard). The result should be the image below - i.e. the parked aircraft have no green lines joining them to the taxiway. The crucial ones for global traffic are stands 22, 1, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10 I think.

Then press file, export apt.dat... ignore validation result list window and choose X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LondonCity/Earth nav data folder again and highlight apt.dat file and Save.

I hope this does the trick for you. It did for me (thanks to the previous forum poster on WED and green line deletion), and global traffic a go-go. To be honest, it's still not perfect in that the global traffic does some very random movements into and out of the parking slot....but at least populates EGLC with moving aircraft. Happy to help with anything further.

All the best

Christopher

image.png

• 1 month later...

I really like how the community responds to requests like this. I have the same problem, and I may have a go at resolving it. But I can’t stop thinking that it should be Orbx/Just Flight that corrects this and not users? I’m not a coder/programmer, just someone who likes flying and wants their paid-for software to work out the box.

Am I wrong?

Jon

8 hours ago, Jon Gunner said:

I really like how the community responds to requests like this. I have the same problem, and I may have a go at resolving it. But I can’t stop thinking that it should be Orbx/Just Flight that corrects this and not users? I’m not a coder/programmer, just someone who likes flying and wants their paid-for software to work out the box.

Am I wrong?

Jon

No you are correct.

@Greg Jones for comment please.

From memory, JF's traffic offering was released at about the same time, or just after EGLC. Therefore there was no opportunity to test it. Having said that, it should be working quite happily with WT3 so I'm assuming the JustFlight's product differs fundamentally.

If we have the opportunity, we'll revisit the package and update at some point in the future.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm currently having the same issue with Traffic Global.

It seems to have arisen at some point when X-Plane applied a Beta update in Vulkan.

I recently purchased Bristol Airport through Orbx and have no issues with Traffic Global, although Leeds Bradford, East Midlands, London City, and Cardiff contain no AI traffic. Strangely Southampton Airport, which is an older Orbx add-on airport, is fine.

All other third party airport scenery providers work perfectly, as do the standard X-Plane airports.

There would appear to be an issue with Traffic Global and EGLC and not just with the Orbx scenery. This is not related to the taxi line issues detailed above. Traffic spawns and immediately disappears and when you check the flight path widow in TG, traffic at adjoining airports such as Heathrow is constantly spawning and disappearing. The same thing happens if you start flights at Stanstead or Southend. I have raised a support ticket with Just Flight as this is not related to the Orbx scenery. The current iteration of TG is unusable if you are starting flights at EGLC so I just turn it off.

2 minutes ago, jrgorton said:

There would appear to be an issue with Traffic Global and EGLC and not just with the Orbx scenery. This is not related to the taxi line issues detailed above. Traffic spawns and immediately disappears and when you check the flight path widow in TG, traffic at adjoining airports such as Heathrow is constantly spawning and disappearing. The same thing happens if you start flights at Stanstead or Southend. I have raised a support ticket with Just Flight as this is not related to the Orbx scenery. The current iteration of TG is unusable if you are starting flights at EGLC so I just turn it off.

By "spawning" are you referring to flights arriving or just ai traffic being at the airport one minute and disappearing the next minute?

Planes will disappear if the TG settings are at 100% and there is no parking space for an incoming flight. Please confirm the exact issue. I am interested as user not as an Orbx support provider as this is not an Orbx issue as you rightly point out.

27 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

By "spawning" are you referring to flights arriving or just ai traffic being at the airport one minute and disappearing the next minute?

Planes will disappear if the TG settings are at 100% and there is no parking space for an incoming flight. Please confirm the exact issue. I am interested as user not as an Orbx support provider as this is not an Orbx issue as you rightly point out.

I mean just momentarily appearing at the gates and disappearing again. The traffic density setting (or any other setting) has no impact. I have mine set about 80% but have tried the whole spectrum. There is clearly an issue with traffic global as you can see it going mad with the resources in the plugin admin window. I don’t know why it should just be an issue with the 3 airports mentioned above and why it should then effect nearby airports. When you start a flight at Heathrow, everything at Heathrow is normal. I don’t really know if this is a widespread issue for other users either. I posted something in another forum and got one taker with the same issue so not conclusive and not heard anything back from JF themselves other than an acknowledgement of the support ticket.

• 5 months later...

Archived