Stuck on converting files.. advice please ..

tull

Hi

I bought true earth North yesterday and its downloaded just over 20GB and is it now at the conversion stage but it's just stopped and doing nothing. On my screen it says Downloading and Installing Converted 0/13180  and it's been like this now for the past 2 hours, nothing  is happening. I have south and central installed and they are fine. Can ya help me please? 

Regards

Paul   York UK

5 hours ago, tull said:

Hi

I bought true earth North yesterday and its downloaded just over 20GB and is it now at the conversion stage but it's just stopped and doing nothing. On my screen it says Downloading and Installing Converted 0/13180  and it's been like this now for the past 2 hours, nothing  is happening. I have south and central installed and they are fine. Can ya help me please? 

Regards

Paul   York UK

I suggest exiting Orbx Central and reboot your PC, then open Orbx Central again. Hopefully it should continue it's processing. As you are aware from the 2 other TEGB addons you have, the process can take quite a while especially depending on the read/write speed of the Disk you are installing onto.

Thanks for your reply, well its started up again here and its downloading and In stalling more files, hopefully hopefully I'm back on track but I tell you, it's really really slow, i started this yesterday afternoon, 28 hours ago, its not my connection has I have  connected fibre broadband but it keeps stopping and starting saying "connection interrupted...Retrying" so that's coming from your servers, not good really is it......ya need to get it sorted, I've paid my money sale or no sale... or is it because everybody is at home......

10 hours ago, tull said:

Thanks for your reply, well its started up again here and its downloading and In stalling more files, hopefully hopefully I'm back on track but I tell you, it's really really slow, i started this yesterday afternoon, 28 hours ago, its not my connection has I have  connected fibre broadband but it keeps stopping and starting saying "connection interrupted...Retrying" so that's coming from your servers, not good really is it......ya need to get it sorted, I've paid my money sale or no sale... or is it because everybody is at home......

I believe it is a combination of many things at the moment. There is more than usual traffic on the internet generally with people being at home. There is a lot of traffic due to the Orbx sale.Many  ISP's have in the UK removed download limits so more people are streaming movies etc. Fibre is fine if it is actually Fibre to the the Premises FTTP but ordinary fibre is fibre to the box and then copper to the household, so it will be affected by the rise in traffic.

In normal times of course none of this would necessarily be applicable. 

We can ask @Ben McClintock if there have been problems with the Orbx servers.

The servers are fine - no issues: https://uptime.orbxsystems.com/

If it's getting stuck without converting anything, it's probably a missing dependency. Check the "system requirements" section of the user guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit#heading=h.f63faq86a8e

4 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

The servers are fine - no issues: https://uptime.orbxsystems.com/

If it's getting stuck without converting anything, it's probably a missing dependency. Check the "system requirements" section of the user guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit#heading=h.f63faq86a8e

Thanks for your quick response Ben.

Well it's all installed now and it's all looking great thank you, my computer was left on overnight, took over 40 hours in install true earth north..  looks awesome though!

Cheers

Regards

Paul 

8 hours ago, tull said:

Well it's all installed now and it's all looking great thank you, my computer was left on overnight, took over 40 hours in install true earth north..  looks awesome though!

Cheers

Regards

Paul 

WOW, you must be on dial up internet you poor soul !!:)Glad it's resolved anyway.

Hallo,

yesterday I bought True Earth Great Britain South and downloaded the 27 GB to my Orbx-Library. After extracting Central 4 started  converting. Since then I always get the message that not alls files could converted (about 3000 ) and I should verify the files again. I did this 4 times and there is always the same result. It seems all files are in my Orbx-Library.

My Central 4 works without problems with Prepar3d V4 and I my installation of Orbx Central 4 is ok.

What' s going wrong ?

With greetings

gwdoc

7 minutes ago, Gerhard Westphal said:

Hallo,

yesterday I bought True Earth Great Britain South and downloaded the 27 GB to my Orbx-Library. After extracting Central 4 started  converting. Since then I always get the message that not alls files could converted (about 3000 ) and I should verify the files again. I did this 4 times and there is always the same result. It seems all files are in my Orbx-Library.

My Central 4 works without problems with Prepar3d V4 and I my installation of Orbx Central 4 is ok.

What' s going wrong ?

With greetings

gwdoc

Hi Gerhard. Please create a new topic/post rather than adding your problem to this post. We need separate posts for each individual customers problem. The problem that the customer who started this post now has his problem resolved. Your problem may be completely different. Thanks

Hallo Jon,

thanks for your reply and for your advice. My problem was caused by insufficient space on my Orbx-Library SSD. So I transferred the library to a another SSD with sufficient space. I also extended the backup space for downloading. After a few hours anything was ok.

Greetings from Vienna/Austria

Gerhard

Archived