Not downloading all files.

Leeh

tried for 2 days straight to get these maps working and it will not download all the files needed. We reinstalled 4 timed and verified file also reinstalled Orbx central but no joy. "Failed to install files"   Any help please as i spent the money but no product..  

Thanks

1 hour ago, Smudger said:

Hello Leeh, welcome to the forums.

A bit more information would be helpful, which scenery product ? :wacko:

1 hour ago, Smudger said:

Hello Leeh, welcome to the forums.

A bit more information would be helpful, which scenery product ? :wacko:

Sorry or lack of info its for my son so don't know what I'm talking about. 

He says it Orbx True earth great Britain central..

Thanks 

im getting the same problem with the central it just says loog in the text file to find the problem but I cant seem to find what the actuall problem is. 

this is what it says-

There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:05:30.147 E/SYS: | Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/
0:05:30.147 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:05:30.147 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:05:30.147 E/SYS: | (ATC_parser.cpp:134)

8 minutes ago, jakedavid200 said:

im getting the same problem with the central it just says loog in the text file to find the problem but I cant seem to find what the actuall problem is. 

this is what it says-

There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:05:30.147 E/SYS: | Resources/default scenery/default atc dat/
0:05:30.147 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:05:30.147 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:05:30.147 E/SYS: | (ATC_parser.cpp:134)

On ours it saying.. problem with the forest and Ortho ? 

And over 5000 files are missing..

No iead what is going on..

Thanks  for posting..

Hello to you @jakedavid200 and @Leeh and son:)

I need to deal with each of the 2 reported problems individually so if @jakedavid200 would post his own post it would help me.

Leeh. You have already stated you are acting on behalf of your son and you don't know much about XPlane, so it will be a learning curve.

I need a copy of your XP log attached to your next post.

I also need a copy of your Orbx Central Log located here:

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations:

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

• Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

• You can also find it in Central on the Settings page, under HelpI

•  I also need to know what free disk space you have on the hard drive you are downloading to and the free space on the hard drive you are wanting to install onto if it is a different Hard drive than the download drive.

• The same requirements are relevant to @jakedavid200 please.

• It may take a while to resolve your issue so you must bear with me as it is sometimes difficult to get an exact picture of a problem when dealing with it remotely.

• I will be online for about another 20 minutes but will look again at your replies very early morning UK time, normally by 5.30am onwards.

• To attach a file you just drag it to this area at the bottom of your post as shown in my pic below:

•  

• Capture.thumb.JPG.d319cfcc7d131d79bc95057f6b75cf35.JPG

@cohenh

Hi. Please now attach your scenery_packs.ini because I can see from your XP Log that it is layered all wrong.

I also need to know now, what is the size of the 3 files that you have for TEGB Central Custom, Overlay and Orthos so i can check if you have them all.

ok

size:2.71 GB (2,918,260,976 bytes)custom

size:1.46 GB (1,571,616,259 bytes)overlay

size:178 MB (186,648,014 bytes)orthos

size on disk:2.80 GB (3,012,034,560 bytes)custom

size on disk:1.81 GB (1,946,550,272 bytes)overlay

size on disk:1.51 GB (1,630,535,680 bytes)orthos

thanks

scenery_packs.ini

OK, woefully short on the Orthos which should be 74.9GB not 178MB nor 1.51GB !!

I will rework your scenery_packs.ini shortly, but don't put it into the XP Custom Scenery folder until we resolve your missing orthos files problem

You keep saying you are "losing" files which i don't understand. Do you mean you never had all the files installed or that you did have all the files and it keeps losing them?

Open Orbx Central/Downloader and then click on Clear under the Temporary Location option. Also make sure you enable, tick, Check disk Space before installing.

See my pic below:

Capture.thumb.JPG.82d83d6c25aad920215a705ea5220ba9.JPG

What is the location of your Temp folder? By default is normally on C drive. As you can see in my pic i made a new folder on my E drive named Temp and using the Edit option (in the pic) showed Orbx central the correct path to it. I have a feeling you download is going onto your C drive/Temp file and that you C drive doesn't have sufficient space to  do all the extractions of the files it needs to do prior to it transferring all the extracted files to your your 1TB Seagate E drive.

What free space do you have on your C drive and is you Temp folder on C drive. You will need at least 50Gb free space on your C drive.

If the C drive is not the problem then we need to think of what else we can do. I do suggest though that you create a new Temp folder on your E drive and then edit the path to it via the option in Orbx Central that I show in my pic.

1 minute ago, cohenh said:

on my c drive i have got 18.8gb left but before i installed the product i had more

should i change temp to E:?

Yes. That is what I can confirm is the root cause of your issue,. There is not enough space for you to download TEGB Central on your C drive. Make the new Temp folder on your E drive and use the Edit facility on the Downloader section of Orbx central to show the path to your new Temp folder on E drive.

I am going to go soon so please do this asap and show me a pick of it done when you have finished. I will then guide you to the next step. 

9 minutes ago, cohenh said:

2020-03-29.png

Yes that's good. Now for the lengthy bit.

You now need to do the Verify Files again for TEGB Central using Orbx Central. Confirm that you know how to do that OR as i would preferably suggest, is to Uninstall via Orbx Central your current TEGB Central, including checking after the uninstall is performed, that there are no remnants of the original partial installation left in your E drive. Then reboot your PC before doing the reinstall.

This is the best way to ensure that ALL the files download now as one installation in the knowledge that you have ample space to both download and then install onto E drive.

5 minutes ago, cohenh said:

i know how to verify files so is that all i do?

thankyou for your help i really appreciate it

also what do i do with the ini file shall i leave it?

Yes that's it for now. i will need to ask you about some of the files you have in your Custom Scenery folder because there are several I don't know what they mean and also you seem to have other mystery files in there !

I will wait to do all that later .

When you have hopefully succeeded in downloading TEGB Central, I want you to rename your current Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery_DISABLED.

Create a new folder called Custom Scenery. In your renamed Custom Scenery_DISABLED folder i want you to make Shortcuts to Desktop for the the 3 TEGB Central files plus Global Airports. Place those shortcuts into the new Custom Scenery folder. Start XP and then exit. Open the newly created scenery_packs.ini and make sure it is layered with Global Airports on top followed by TEGB Central/ Custom/Overlay/Orthos in that order.

Run XP from a TEGB Central airport and let me know if uit is now all working OK.If it is then we can concentrate on getting the rest of your sceneries sorted out.

I have to go now but will be back early this evening for a progress report, so post any queries you have and I will look at them later.

Good luck.

thank you!

it has worked i would like to say thank you on behalf of me and my dad we really do appreciate it...

REALLY thankyou for your help guiding us through the situation it was worth every penny and second :) 2102970663_a321-2020-03-2917_40_13.thumb.png.0dd9c672132324373867de306a80cf06.png

2 minutes ago, cohenh said:

thankyou! can i ask what shall i do with my scenery files shall i put my addon ones in the new scenery folder?

You can do some only for now. Just remember that the scenery_packs.ini will become more extensive and probably layered wrong due to the additional addons you are adding to Custom Scenery.

What i suggest as a temporary measure is that you leave things as they are for now except just add your airports and any Libraries and nothing else until I get a chance to go through your ini properly, maybe tomorrow some time. By just adding airports and libraries, it won't affect the layering of your scenery packs ini as all the new airport entries will sit at the top of the new ini where they should be. After moving all your airports and libraries, run XP and then exit. Open the scenery packs ini and move ALL the libraries under TEGB Central. Leave all the airports above Global Airports and make sure  the 3 TEGB Central files are directly under Global Airports

10 hours ago, cohenh said:

thankyou thankyou for everything you have done

I am taking a look at you original scenery_packs.ini that you submitted and I have marked with ????????????????????????? alongside entries which make no sense or there is no associated scenery/addon to indicate what it is for. 

I need you to remove those from your Custom Scenery_DISABLED folder and NOT put them into your new working Custom Scenery folder until we sort out what they are exactly and if they are really necessary. I think you will find they are not really required as they look like homemade labelled addons.

You can move all the non ???????????????? files into your new Custom Scenery folder. Run XP and exit and then attach the newly formed scenery_packs.ini for me to check for correct layering.

Be advised that regular checking of the .ini is a must, to ensure that files are correctly layered especially after installing new addon or reinstalling.

scenery_packs.ini

Archived