Problem Loading Orbx EGPH

Dlgonzo

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:02:25.771 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:02:25.771 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/
0:02:25.771 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:02:25.771 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:02:25.771 E/SYS: | (REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:651)
0:02:25.771 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log.txt

Your Log file is indicating that the required SAM library installation failed:

[AOS] [2020-03-25.23:57:52] :> SAM Library : Installation failed

There should be an entry in the scenery_packs.ini like this:

\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library/

Can you check your scenery pack and confirm whether you have it?

If you don't then one way round this is to check that SAM is in Resources/plugins and take the SAM Library out and place it in your Custom Scenery folder.

@Nick Cooper This is not a Bug but an installation issue.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Problem Loading Orbx EGPH
7 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Your Log file is indicating that the required SAM library installation failed:

[AOS] [2020-03-25.23:57:52] :> SAM Library : Installation failed

There should be an entry in the scenery_packs.ini like this:

\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library/

Can you check your scenery pack and confirm whether you have it?

If you don't then one way round this is to check that SAM is in Resources/plugins and take the SAM Library out and place it in your Custom Scenery folder.

@Nick Cooper This is not a Bug but an installation issue.

I have verified files of the SAM installation  in Orbx central and there is a SAM Library in my custom scenery folder and an entry in my scenery_packs.ini

scenery_packs.ini

I have rearranged the location of the True Earth files in your scenery_packs.ini as they were potentially being masked by other addons.

TE addons need to be directly under Global Airports, but if you have TEGB South then London Landmarks need to be ust above TE entries as the first entry under Global Airports.

I am unsure if the issue you have will be resolved by the change but at least the scenery pack ini will be correct. If not we will need to try and find the cause.

You could run the Verify Files for EGPH and OrbxLibs prior to retesting with the revised scenery_packs.ini.

You are on a Mac PC are you not?

Place the attached file into your Custom Scenery folder.

scenery_packs.ini

14 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

I have rearranged the location of the True Earth files in your scenery_packs.ini as they were potentially being masked by other addons.

TE addons need to be directly under Global Airports, but if you have TEGB South then London Landmarks need to be ust above TE entries as the first entry under Global Airports.

I am unsure if the issue you have will be resolved by the change but at least the scenery pack ini will be correct. If not we will need to try and find the cause.

You could run the Verify Files for EGPH and OrbxLibs prior to retesting with the revised scenery_packs.ini.

scenery_packs.ini 8.03 kB · 0 downloads

Yes my Mac specs are in the image below. I will try the new ini after verifying EGPH and Orbxlibs

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 1.30.35 AM.jpg

51 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

scenery_packs.ini 8.03 kB · 1 download

Well I tried your edited scenery_packs.ini file after verifying the EGPH and OrbxLibs files and I still have the same error coming up.

The same error is in upper right corner of screen after loading EGPH

After looking at the log.txt file it seems these entries are the key to what's going on.

0:02:20.227 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Objects/AO_A.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/'.
0:02:20.227 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/EGPH_17.obj:6:
0:02:20.227 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/

When you look at the EGPH_17.obj file, the 6th line is:

TEXTURE_DRAPED    ..\Objects\AO_A.dds

The AO_A.dds file is indeed in the Objects folder but it seems it is having problems finding it with the ..\Objects\AO_A.dds reference to the path

Would it have anything to do with having my whole custom scenery folder on an external drive and linked to the X-Plane 11 folder on my desktop while also having all the Orbx scenery installed in a library folder on the same external drive and linked to the custom scenery folder?

As for the third line above from the log.txt file I do not know enough about scenery albedo textures to know what is going on with that.

2 hours ago, Dlgonzo said:

The same error is in upper right corner of screen after loading EGPH

After looking at the log.txt file it seems these entries are the key to what's going on.

0:02:20.227 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Objects/AO_A.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/'.
0:02:20.227 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/EGPH_17.obj:6:
0:02:20.227 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/

When you look at the EGPH_17.obj file, the 6th line is:

TEXTURE_DRAPED    ..\Objects\AO_A.dds

The AO_A.dds file is indeed in the Objects folder but it seems it is having problems finding it with the ..\Objects\AO_A.dds reference to the path

Would it have anything to do with having my whole custom scenery folder on an external drive and linked to the X-Plane 11 folder on my desktop while also having all the Orbx scenery installed in a library folder on the same external drive and linked to the custom scenery folder?

As for the third line above from the log.txt file I do not know enough about scenery albedo textures to know what is going on with that.

We need to ask @Greg Jones to see if he can help or pass the issue to the developer for comment.You seem to have all the files verified and installed correctly as far as I can see.

Bear with us please.

19 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

We need to ask @Greg Jones to see if he can help or pass the issue to the developer for comment.You seem to have all the files verified and installed correctly as far as I can see.

Bear with us please.

I uninstalled EGPH and installed it into X-Plane instead of my Orbx library to see if the double layer symlink was the culprit but still got the error.  I then copied the AO_A.dds file into the Objects/Misc/ folder and edited the 6th line in the EGPH_17.obj file to read "TEXTURE_DRAPED    AO_A.dds" instead of "TEXTURE_DRAPED    ..\Objects\AO_A.dds" and now there is no error on loading EGPH.  Obviously I would rather have it work out of the box so hopefully the developer can fix this.

4 hours ago, Dlgonzo said:

I uninstalled EGPH and installed it into X-Plane instead of my Orbx library to see if the double layer symlink was the culprit but still got the error.  I then copied the AO_A.dds file into the Objects/Misc/ folder and edited the 6th line in the EGPH_17.obj file to read "TEXTURE_DRAPED    AO_A.dds" instead of "TEXTURE_DRAPED    ..\Objects\AO_A.dds" and now there is no error on loading EGPH.  Obviously I would rather have it work out of the box so hopefully the developer can fix this.

@Greg JonesIs this resolution something that involves the addon file format or more of an installation, coding issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived