Steps After updating P3D and Getting new Central

Hi Folks, 

I had until now version 4.4 of P3D, and just updated to the latest 4.5 using the components method installer (installed all 3).

The questions I have are:

- To make sure anything that may be gone is restored, what would I need to do? Launch FTX central and click on what to check and make sure everything is OK and/or re-installed as needed?

- I am still on v3 of FTX central. Should I do the above on this version and then later upgrade to v4 (and if so how?) or is there a better way ?

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

it is not a simple question, now that Orbx products can be installed inside or outside the P3D folder.

Installed inside

if you uninstalled all three components then the Orbx files should have been left in situ and the reinstallation should not have affected them.

In that case, you need to reinstall Global Base and to Verify files for the Orbx Libraries.

If you went one step further and deleted the P3D folder, then everything will need to be reinstallede from scratch.

Installed outside

The reinstallation/verify files of Global Base and verify files for the Orbx  libraries should be enough.

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it is not a simple question, now that Orbx products can be installed inside or outside the P3D folder.

Installed inside

if you uninstalled all three components then the Orbx files should have been left in situ and the reinstallation should not have affected them.

In that case, you need to reinstall Global Base and to Verify files for the Orbx Libraries.

If you went one step further and deleted the P3D folder, then everything will need to be reinstallede from scratch.

Installed outside

The reinstallation/verify files of Global Base and verify files for the Orbx  libraries should be enough.

Hi Nick, thanks for replying!

I don’t think that option existed in v3 did it? At least I don't remember ever seeing it so unless it came with one of the later updates to it, I never had it and all my products are inside. 

I did find the thread by Elaine on this and I am following the steps to reinstall global base and hd trees, as well as the libraries, etc. 

Would you recommend switching to the outside of the sim way? For now all I have installed is the simulator itself and all my Orbx products, so it would only be a small hassle, not too much. 

What about switch to Orbx Central? Is it as straightforward as downloading and installing or is it more involved/more steps to switch from FTX v3?

Thanks. 

Archived