1OR6 Airport full of trees and houses

Jengle53

This is no fault of Orbx.  The problem is that the XP default 1OR6 runway is in the wrong place , SE of where it should be, among trees and house and with 2 roads crossing it.  Orbx correctly puts tress, houses and traffic there.

The permanent solution is to fix the airport in the X-Plane Scenery Gateway.  The temporary one to be able to use the runway as is,  is to place an appropriate exclusion zone "scenery" in the Custom Scenery folder.  I have created one, which is attached.  Just unzip it and drop it in Custom Scenery.  Launching X-Plane will place it at the top of the .ini file, which is fine; if you move it, make sure it stays above any Orbx line.

1OR6 Exclusion.zip

I would also like to point you to this link in the x-plane.org site where there are some runway alignment correction files kindly created by a user. There is one for OR Oregon if you scroll down. These will correct the orientation of many small airfields' runways in Oregon. Note there are other files for some other states like CA and WA which may be of use to you.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/123586-towhee/content/&type=downloads_file

9 minutes ago, mauricecohen said:

Unfortunately, 1OR6 is not one of those it fixes.

I know but there are plenty of others that will be corrected with the installing of that/those addons. Thanks for the exclusion file by the way:)

Archived