more green and sunshine in the vicinity of WA35 (near Orcas)

sightseer

These are some shots from today.  I actually took about 40.  I widdled it down to these 12.  These are from

a flight I started at an airfield south of Orcas in the Cessna.  I went to a little

airstrip 38WA and then changed to the trike and went on to WA35.

The first time i tried to land at WA35, I was in the Cessna and didnt even see the runway

until I discovered I was coming in at an angle.  I mistook a clearing for the airfield.

second landing was in the piper cub and I made that.  WA35 is a challenge.

The intent of these pics is 'green' and 'sunshine'.  two of my favorite things.

Please ignore the strange purple grey color in the clouds.  i dont know what

causes it and I cant seem to get rid of it. Not all the clouds have it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is my favorite:

Posted Image

bright sunny road

Posted Image

Posted Image

you can almost smell the grass clippings :)

Posted Image

great shadows. you can see WA35:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice shots, it is a difficult strip, especially when you have to try it in some slightly larger planes.

It's part of the FBO's I own in FS Economy..lucky I don't charge you for using it  ;)

Posted Image

Dave

Hi there,

great series again!

I don't see anything wrong with the colors of your clouds so maybe it's a monitor calibration issue that gives bright textures an incorrect hue?

Cheers, Holger

Holger's spot on, I don't see any purple in the clouds either.

If you use W7 try using it's built in color calibration tool, it's pretty neat and helped get my monitor set up correctly.

hmmmm...well...  maybe its a matter of opinion then.  I see the purple grey on two different computers.  Its most noticeable with certain larger cumulus clouds.

I dont have win 7 yet.  im still stuck with Vista.  Im glad it still works becuase it just cant seem to keep its mind together.  Every time I turn around its decided that all my files are pictures again.  and maybe its just me but I would swear that it doesnt always do what it claims it did (like "copy all of these files").  Vistas a trip.

Archived