Orbx EGPH Edinburgh

Hi Guys,

I have finally set my XP11 to the setting i require with all the Orbx scenery for UK and other airports but i seem to have a problem with the Edinburgh Orbx as i keep getting a warning error that EGPH might not be loaded properly. I have went to ORB Central and verified the files to which all are ok but still the same error. I looked in the XP11 Log.txt file to see where the problem lies and am not an expert by any mannor of means but i saw this....

0:02:02.311 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:02:02.311 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:02:02.311 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/
0:02:02.311 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:02:02.311 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:02:02.311 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:806)
0:02:02.311 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:02:02.311 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'clutter/TRB_Lib_ContBlu_Lrg_00.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/'.
0:02:02.311 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Earth nav data/+50-010/+55-004.dsf:
0:02:02.311 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: clutter/TRB_Lib_ContBlu_Lrg_00.obj
0:02:02.311 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'clutter/TRB_Lib_ContWht_Sml_00.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/'.
0:02:02.311 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Earth nav data/+50-010/+55-004.dsf:
0:02:02.311 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: clutter/TRB_Lib_ContWht_Sml_00.obj

This is just some of the items failed to load and when i checked the directory i found no mention of the abobe objects.

Any suggestions please

Kind Regards

Stuarty

On 3/8/2020 at 5:17 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Please install the Orbx Libraries.

Hi Doug, Thanks for your reply and sorry for not responding sooner. I will look at this on Orbx Central and install to see if that resolves my issue.

Stuarty

The first thing to do now is to run the Verify Files option for EGPH. Open Orbx Central and click on Europe and then find EGPH and on the right hand page scroll down until you see Options. Then click on Verify Files.

This is for both @Stuartygr & @hoover now that hopefully you both have OrbxLibsXP and SAM libraries installed

52 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

The first thing to do now is to run the Verify Files option for EGPH. Open Orbx Central and click on Europe and then find EGPH and on the right hand page scroll down until you see Options. Then click on Verify Files.

This is for both @Stuartygr & @hoover now that hopefully you both have OrbxLibsXP and SAM libraries installed

Thanks @Jon Clarke this is what i did but it only verified the EGPH files which came back as successful but I realised my problem lay with the missing SAM library, but every day is a school day. Hopefully I will get to the stage where I can help and contribute to others as well.

11 hours ago, Stuartygr said:

Thanks @Jon Clarke this is what i did but it only verified the EGPH files which came back as successful but I realised my problem lay with the missing SAM library, but every day is a school day. Hopefully I will get to the stage where I can help and contribute to others as well.

I assume all is now OK then?

@hoover Hi Uwe. Can you tell me if you have Orbx TEGB North installed? If you don't then it is possible you are getting the error message about the scenery maybe not being displayed correctly, is because the airport is specifically designed to work with TEGB North. 

• 1 month later...

Yep, I have GB North installed. Fun fact: I didn't get this error until I installed Orbx gb central and south :)

I just updated the Orbx gb stuff but I'm still getting the error when loading EGPH or flying into the area (on an approach to EGNT, say). 

All the best, 

Uwe 

0:00:27.094 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1985492 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/Earth nav data/+50-010/+54-003.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:00:27.094 I/SCN: DSF load time: 22972021 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+54-005.dsf (585407 tris, 1241 skipped for -135.4 m^2)
0:00:27.094 I/SCN: DSF load time: 27165224 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+56-003.dsf (502287 tris, 31 skipped for -2.3 m^2)
0:00:27.094 I/SCN: DSF load time: 28410283 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+54-003.dsf (819502 tris, 22 skipped for -5.1 m^2)
0:00:27.094 I/SCN: DSF load time: 62773661 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010/+56-006.dsf (3259794 tris, 132 skipped for -7.9 m^2)
0:00:27.094 E/OBJ: ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Main_terminal/animated_jet_sam.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate
0:00:27.094 E/OBJ: ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Main_terminal/animated_jet_sam.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate_sp
0:00:27.094 E/OBJ: ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Main_terminal/animated_jet_sam.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate_sp
0:00:27.094 E/OBJ: ERROR: object Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Main_terminal/animated_jet_sam.OBJ has a bad light name: airplane_beacon_rotate
0:00:27.094 I/SCN: DSF load time: 638268 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+50-010/+55-006.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:00:27.094 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Objects/AO_A.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/'.
0:00:27.094 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/EGPH_17.obj:6:
0:00:27.094 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/
0:00:27.094 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:27.094 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/
0:00:27.094 E/SYS: MACIBM_alert: The scenery may not look correct.

Hello Jon, I get an error message in XP11 ("there was a problem loading....") and in the log as outlined above.

SAM & libs are installed and at their latest versions. 

All the best, 

Uwe 

Hi folks,

any news on what else I could try? Could we at least please remove the "resolved" tag from this thread as long as the problem persists? 

All the best, 

Uwe 

20 minutes ago, hoover said:

Hi folks,

any news on what else I could try? Could we at least please remove the "resolved" tag from this thread as long as the problem persists? 

All the best, 

Uwe 

The post is marked as resolved because the originators problem was actually concluded. You added your problem rather than creating a new post.

What version of XP are you using?

I would like the XP Log as an attachment please not a pic of a part of it. Thanks

7 hours ago, hoover said:

Here's the full log file once the error appears.

All the best, 

Uwe 

Log.txt 199.86 kB · 0 downloads

As I thought hoover, you are running the beta XP for which as stated many times and pinned, is not supported by Orbx. Error messages are common with XP 11.50 and have increased erro messages in th eXP Log by intent according to Laminar.

ALL errors are noted by Orbx but will not be attended to until 11.50 is an official Release.

Archived