Strange Appearance - Florida HD

Can you give me the nearest airport to where you see this? A flight from Tampa to Miami would normally be cross country but you state and look as though you are over the ocean.

I need more precise info please so I can check what I see

2 hours ago, stevemaidstone said:

I am having the same issue. Heading north about 100NM SSE of Orlando. Happens every time.

1716267071_E145XR-2020-03-0809_35_53.thumb.png.ec097e56b4d82303980353f65bd264d2.png

You issue looks like a scenery layering problem on initial viewing.

Have you got SFD Global installed?

Please attach your scenery_packs.ini

By the way your issue is not the same as the original post by @carlos aguayo It is in a completely different place.

The visual issue seemed very similar to what I was experiencing, that's why I posted. 

If you are a representative of Orbx, which products I love. You may try and be a little more tolerant when people have an issue. 

By the way your issue is not the same as the original post by @carlos aguayo It is in a completely different place.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forums

You should actually be posting your own new topic please, because what you are also doing here is hijacking Carlos's topic, and it is much more effective for us to help when different issues are not mixed in the same thread. :)

And just another tip that would be more helpful for you is to please post a copy of your scenery_packs.ini without opening and copying and pasting the long list so that Jon can correct it for you if needed.

7 hours ago, stevemaidstone said:

The visual issue seemed very similar to what I was experiencing, that's why I posted. 

If you are a representative of Orbx, which products I love. You may try and be a little more tolerant when people have an issue. 

By the way your issue is not the same as the original post by @carlos aguayo It is in a completely different place.

I merely pointed out that your issue was not the same issue. It is in a different place within the 65,754 Sq miles of TE Florida. It is similar in character but not location and therefore as Doug says, needs to be a different topic in the forum so it can be looked in detail.

I asked about SFD Global because the ground textures in the right side of your pic didn't look familiar.

I still wait for your scenery_packs,ini please.

Thanks for the reply.

I crossed water on the following locations:

* Sanibel Island and Naples (I suspect my flt was located here at time of screenshots).

* when crossing Charlotte Harbor

* Also when crossing Tampa Bay

The actual flt pln was the following:

* KTPA/19R GANDY8 SABEE DCT BAARY DCT CYY CYY1 KMIA/27

Also attached was the scenery.ini file (at that time)

Thanks again for the help .....Carlos

scenery_packs.ini.backup-orbx.ini

10 hours ago, carlos aguayo said:

Thanks for the reply.

I crossed water on the following locations:

* Sanibel Island and Naples (I suspect my flt was located here at time of screenshots).

* when crossing Charlotte Harbor

* Also when crossing Tampa Bay

The actual flt pln was the following:

* KTPA/19R GANDY8 SABEE DCT BAARY DCT CYY CYY1 KMIA/27

Also attached was the scenery.ini file (at that time)

Thanks again for the help .....Carlos

scenery_packs.ini.backup-Orbx.ini 2.7 kB · 0 downloads

I will check it out. The scenery_packs.ini you attached is not the correct one because it doesn't show TE Florida as being installed. You have attached the Backup copy made by Orbx Central prior to installing TE Florida.

I have taken a look around the area you mention and attach 3 pics of what i see. Pic 3 shows a water masking anomaly which is already reported and noted by the devs.

I see no other anomaly like you show. i have included the soper imposed AviTab map image showing exactly where I took the pics from.

Attach your correct scenery_packs.ini although i initially doubt it is the cause o fyour issue.

In the meantime I suggest that you run the Verify Files option in Orbx Central for TE Florida and see if it picks up any missing file etc.

Pic 1:

Capture.thumb.JPG.5c9916cae7396c9084867c44d044bea9.JPG

Pic 2:

1.thumb.JPG.112ffc9a63d926ba4f72119f3c681919.JPG

Pic 3 with already noted watermask anomaly:

3.thumb.JPG.9ac8cba56c9d122692ef0f7bd0b1d519.JPG

Archived